Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

early SS officer's cap.

Article about: Attachment 428852An early SS officer's cap of some merit. The tag: Wm. Kueppers of Dortmund, an A2 maker, i.e. artisan. The photo is Wilhelm Kube in Potsdam in March 1934. The latter became

?

Default Re: early SS officer's cap.

A very nice cap Friedrich. I don't know as much about early caps as I would like to, but why is this tag special?

Thanks, Patrick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early SS officer's cap.
    P
    Many

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    A very nice cap Friedrich. I don't know as much about early caps as I would like to, but why is this tag special?

Thanks, Patrick
    Thanks. I have not seen such an early cap with an RZM tag. I own some without RZM tags, to be sure, since some were made without them and are perfectly real. The tag is more or less the first of its type. Early SS officer caps are very rare, as in the year 1933-1934, the officer corps of the SS was quite small.

?

Sorry I missed an earlier post before I asked my question. A very interesting cap.
    Would very early caps that didn't have rzm tags have them added at a later stage?

Cheers, Patrick

No, I do not think RZM tags were added later. They were added when made, as per the regulations that regalia be marked and made by licensed firms.

?

Thanks again Friedrich, I learn something new everyday.

Cheers, Patrick

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.
    Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Thanks again Friedrich, I learn something new everyday.

Cheers, Patrick
    A good thing you ask, because what I consider to be self evident in my monomaniacal way is, of course, hardly plain to someone fresh to the topic.
    The RZM tag, as such, emerged in the first years of the regime as part of a law that was central to the creation of the Nazi dictatorship.
    This law, the Heimtueckegesetz, was the codification of emergency decrees in 1933, and the latter legislation was promulgated in 1934.
    Part of the law made criminal "attacks on the party uniform," whatever that meant, which includes unauthorized people wearing same, as well as people faking such clothing, pp. The goal was also to kick Jews out of the clothing industry, which was a major aim of policy, especially in Berlin and in other cities of note.
    The law and its amendments imposed the requirement to mark party regalia.
    The RZM had existed in one form or another since 1928, but the system of marks and such that we know and which I have made my own special hobby horse, became institutionalized in 1934-5.
    Ergo, my interest in the progress of the tag linked to real regalia.
    The officer corps of the SS in 1934 was all of some 4,000 or so persons. That number means not too many hats, nor such that have survived until the year 2012.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-02-2012 at 02:30 PM.

early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.early SS officer's cap.All of this is in an appendix in the Organisationsbuch d. NSDAP.

FB

fabulous. Congratulations

cheers

tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    FB

fabulous. Congratulations

cheers

tony
    Thanks, and bravo on your book. Well done.

Danke FB,

It was on sale at the Kassel show this weekend.

It took me two days to look at it when I received the finished copy. Upon reflection though I think it has mainly achieved what I set out to do.

Thanks for your support and encouragement in my "labour of love ".

cheers

tony

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast