Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early ss uniform?

Article about: I don't recall seeing this hat before. I guess it is an early SS uniform. Am I right? I wonder what that emblem on the side of the hat looks like. It sort of looks like an Edelweiss. The col

Default Re: Early ss uniform?

this is the interior of the cap in post # 27... a Mueller Sonderanfertigung of early make.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early  ss  uniform?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early  ss  uniform?
    P
    Many

here is a similar piece.....notice the silver wire cap cord...as in the pieces from Canada...the Pz collar skull diverges from the norm, and I never examined this piece, but, it, too, is of early origin.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early  ss  uniform? 

Another early cap, apparently from a northern European home of a prominent family. The owner somehow also preserved the earlier cap badges organic to the cap in its original form. Those cap badges here were updated in the course of things....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early  ss  uniform?   Early  ss  uniform?  

Here are the original cap badges....quite something. Maybe the story is made up, but it rings true to me...

I stupidly did not buy this cap. The Marschweg was too long. Compare the Danziger Totenschaedel here to the one in post # 24.

Here is an early cap in wear. Notice that a certain species of early cap had four ventilator holes overall, two per side. This feature was given up in later makes of cap. When? Where? Why?

This is a cap dated 1935. It has a kind of piping one does not often see, but this feature strikes me as wholly original to the cap. The RZM tag in this cap vanished in the march of time. It is made from an especially nice species of trikot. It too, looks as if it was damaged at one point, and put aside. Whether this Delle in the peak happened in the III. Reich or after, no man can say. I do not have an image of its interior. The piping on this cap is similar to that of an SA kepi, actually.

This cap is in the Coleman magic mountain in the forest.

It has a leather peak.

Here is Albert Foerster, the Gauleiter of Danzig, with an early cap...

Here is an early cap in detail....it is the type with "Vorschriftsmaessig" in addition to the golden runes...in the Muetzenboden

Here is the interior of an officer's cap likely of similar date..and similar make. These caps (the one here and above...) are much more nicely made than the variety of cap made only a few years later.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early  ss  uniform?  Early  ss  uniform?  Early  ss  uniform?  Early  ss  uniform? 

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast