Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Early ss uniform?

Article about: I don't recall seeing this hat before. I guess it is an early SS uniform. Am I right? I wonder what that emblem on the side of the hat looks like. It sort of looks like an Edelweiss. The col

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Early ss uniform?

I don't recall seeing this hat before. I guess it is an early SS uniform. Am I right? I wonder what that emblem on the side of the hat looks like. It sort of looks like an Edelweiss. The collar tab you can't see says: "22/12" Just like the caption says. If I could read what the caption says I would know who this is. All I can read is the first two words: "My dear"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early  ss  uniform?   Early  ss  uniform?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Early ss uniform?

Dear Odessa,
    It is not SS.
    Without wishing to be rude, might I suggest that if you are asking for advice and information from other collectors it is not a particularly helpful to obscure the very details that allow them to help you.
    Derek

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

If you FULLY read what I wrote I mentioned the tab you can not see says "22/12"

Yes, I did FULLY read it. How useful is your description?
    What colour is the backing of the tab?
    What type of embroidery is it?
    What is the configuration of the lettering?
    What is the piping?
    You ask for help and I point out that the details of the uniform to help you are obscured. Whilst I explicitly mentioned "without wishing to be rude", I can only presume that your use of caps meant exactly the opposite.
    Good luck with your research.
    Derek

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

It is a Black & White foto. How could you tell what color the backing of the tab is?

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

I could not figure out how to trade images, so I placed another one. As you can see there is very little info to be gained by looking at the tab.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early  ss  uniform?  

The dedication is to his "dear men and comrades of the SA 22 Standarte 12 Sturm" I do not know where the garrison of the 22 Sta. was located, but I am confident my colleagues do....

Happy collecting.

It does help to leave all the details of the image in tact, and put the Kopierschutz thingy above or below...as a matter of courtesy.

Colleague Coleman has lots of nice SA kepis, including one in a dark chocolate brown with the sulfur yellow crown. He go it from me, in fact, and it is also illustrated in the Saris/Spronk Bender book on SA headwear.

I have the image somewhere, but maybe Colleague Coleman will post it.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

OK - I will do that from now on. I did it because you can't see it well anyway. I didn't mean to stir up a "scheissesturm"!!! Thanks for the info and the translation. The reason I thought it was SS is because of the pips on the collar tab - they are nearly the same as SS... So what is this cap? A dress cap? I've never seen an SA man wear anything but brown. And what do you suppose that emblem on the side of the hat is?

The badge on the side of the kepi is most certainly an edelweiss. The colour of the top of the kepi and the patches is likely to be light blue, the colour for Hochland. Here is an illustration from the Organisationsbuch der NSDAP showing such a configuration, although it doesn't indicate an edelweiss.
    As Freidrich-Berthold points out Bob Coleman is the real authority on all this SA material and I'm sure he will put us right.
    Derek

At the risk of exceeding my pay grade, here is the dark brown kepi of which I wrote..this is from the Coleman treasures. But it came from me and is in the Spronk/Saris book. See the dark color, which might have photographed as black....

Bob Coleman will show us an Edelweiss...an Austrian tradition.

I very much liked this cap, as it had many nice features one only finds on early Hitlermuetzen. It had a cap button in the style of the fittings of the old army (not pebbled) and the fitting on the chin strap were chromed or nickle silver. But we wish it and its owner well.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast