Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early war NCO visor

Article about: Here some photo's of my early war NCO visor in a fine tricot gabardine. Very nice quality as you can see.

Default Early war NCO visor

Here some photo's of my early war NCO visor in a fine tricot gabardine. Very nice quality as you can see.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early war NCO visor   Early war NCO visor  

Early war NCO visor   Early war NCO visor  

Early war NCO visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early war NCO visor
    P
    Many

Very nice.

Here some more foto's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early war NCO visor   Early war NCO visor  

?

I have to say that there are some issues with this cap that I'm not comfortable with but I've already told Paul about that via PM first.

If it is authentic, then I would suggest that it's not from an earlier period but rather a wartime piece and a later war period at that.

?

What I see here is of major concern for example.

Something is wrong here according to my gut which has rarely let me down before.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early war NCO visor  

Thats correct. Ben and I communicated about my visor. Pefsonally I do not see the issues Ben is seeing.
    Indeed it is in a perfect condition. Looking at the visor, the thick piping, quality tricot I'd early wartime. Nice aging and oxidation under the sweatband coused bij the split pins.

?

This isn't right either..an insect didn't cause this. It was a knife or similar..plus the buckram is all wrong.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early war NCO visor  

Hi Ben..I Know nothing about caps..but if I may interject a question...would the buckram vary between producers in construction? take it easy on me ok..I dont know thats why im asking.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

If this piece is not authentic it definitely fooled me. But then that is why I am here, for learning. And I have a lot of it to do, indeed!

Yeah I would like to know the answer to Larry's question I personally haven't seen the inside of one (that buckram or mesh) before course I haven't seen many if any real SS hats either this one sure looks good to me. I've always liked them some of the smartest TR headgear but due to my limited knowledge and handling of them have avoided them. Thanks for showing it timothy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast