Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Early wedding photo

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Moreover, there was also a leadership school for the Allgemeine SS at Dachau, was there not? Indeed, there was: by Friedrich-Berthold The SS Dienstalterliste of 1944 fo

Hello cochise, great photo from about 1934 from your grandfather, which I had not seen earlier!
    Is it possible to make a good close-up from the arm, so one can see better the insignia, please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early wedding photo
    P
    Many

Some of my findings about the Motor-SS and their worn insignia from the early 1930’s, briefly reported, related to the cuff-band.

In “N.S.D.A.P Aufbau und Abzeichen” from Beppo Bässler from mid-1933 it was mentioned that men from the Motor-SS did
    wear a cuff-band upon which – instead of the number for the Sturm – the silvered wheel with eagle was positioned as worn by
    the Motor-SA. This is according the “SS-Befehl nr. 22” from February 1931. With -8- it is said: “auf dem Ärmelstreifen
    ihrer Standarte ein silbergesticktes Rad
    ” (upon the right collar-patch the number for the brigade).

Early wedding photo

Most early uniform booklet’s do not mentioned at all the SS or when, then it is largely related to the cuff-bands, worn in general,
    as for example in “Abzeichen und Dienstgrade der NSDAP und ihrer Untergliederungen” from 1934 from Edm.Blöcker or the
    colored plate “Das Braunhemd” (Uniformen, Dienstgrade und Formationszeichen der SA und SS, der Politischen Organisation
    und der HJ
    ) from 1934 from the Oberste-SA-Führung and Reichsjugendführung. This was sanctioned by an order from May 5, 1934.

Early wedding photo

Early wedding photo

While many did not know properly what the special forces for the SS did wear, a publication in the “Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugmeisterei”,
    number 4 from June, 23, 1934 explained briefly the “how and what”. For the SS-Motorstandarten things in fact had been arranged
    with November 13, 1933 orders: a Motorstandarte did wear the number for the SS-Abschnitt (the right collar-patch shows the “M”,
    along with the number for the Abschnitt in Latin). The so-called SS-Motorstaffel within a Standarte were to be numbered, starting
    with 1 and so on. Besides the “M” all leaders and men had to wear the speciality-insignia was to be worn in the embroidered form,
    2,0 cm above the cuff-band, upon the left lower arm. The cuff-band was as like ordered for Sturmbanne.

Early wedding photo
    Early wedding photo

I have not found a document where a cuff-band was stated which shows the wheel-symbol with eagle or any other form of “wheel”,
    or a cuff-band with the “M”-indication with a number ( maybe d’Alquen can jump in on this).

In the SS price-list (SS-Preisliste Nr.1), publishd in the “Mitteilungsblatt der RZM”, number 29 from December 15, 1934 a
    whole range of SS cuff-bands was included. A form which included the “M”-indication, along with a number of any kind, nor a sort
    of wheel, was not included, just the specialy-patch for motor-units.

Thank you, Wim, as ever, a stellar post.

PS here an image of relevant items from the Delich wonder land. Early wedding photo

Early wedding photoAlso of passing note.

I wonder if the cuff-bands with circle and steering wheel are for Motor-SS?
    I cannot find it, but I think they are for the SS-Kraftfahrwesen. Or am I
    on the wrong track?
    Hope, someone is able to shed some light!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 12-24-2016 at 04:07 PM.

At the risk of being a pain in the a$$, may I kindly ask what is the distinction between Motor SS and SS Kraftfahrwesen?

With about forty two years of military service under my belt, the one thing that happens in headquarters, and generally, is re-organizations. That is, the moving around
    of boxes of echelons on org charts and such, much of it something new for the sake of being new. Having recently had to write an account of US forces in Europe
    from 1917 until the present, this fact is on my mind.

As we noodle through the SS in this interesting and compelling period from, say, 1932 until 1942, that is, the expansion of the SS, this phenomenon
    of perpetual reorganization amid with growth of this entity is very prominent. I mention this since many here do not have any military experience,
    and the subject of the SS attains a kind of monumental, holy writ quality through some of the secondary literature.

Wim pays attention to this phenomenon in his books. In fact, his vivid prose well captures this process, which is a major reason I am so fond of his work.

Hello FB: this is quite difficult to explain.

It is all included in the SS-DV Nr.9, which is phrased as
    "SS-Dienstvorschrift für das Kraftfahrwesen", a regulation
    with over 130 pages from August 12, 1936 and authorized
    by Heissmeyer as Himmler's deputy.
    It describes all what has to do with driving for SS-VT, SS-TV,
    staffs and about competences.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Hello FB: this is quite difficult to explain.

It is all included in the SS-DV Nr.9, which is phrased as
    "SS-Dienstvorschrift für das Kraftfahrwesen", a regulation
    with over 130 pages from August 12, 1936 and authorized
    by Heissmeyer as Himmler's deputy.
    It describes all what has to do with driving for SS-VT, SS-TV,
    staffs and about competences.

Aha. Thank you. I understand.
    My enduring thanks for your wonderful research and your willingness to share it all with us on a constant basis.
    Merry Christmas and much good fortune to you in the year to come.

thanks FB. Hope I can finally sit down and "produce" and finish
    the volumes 6 and 7 for the headgear-series. Spirit was largely
    gone and I hope it will come back in 2017!

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    thanks FB. Hope I can finally sit down and "produce" and finish
    the volumes 6 and 7 for the headgear-series. Spirit was largely
    gone and I hope it will come back in 2017!
    We are very grateful for your books and I know how hard it is, sometimes, to find the energy to write.
    You must know how much good your books have done and we admire you for them.
    Knowledge is a very special thing, but it also extracts huge energy to perform effectively.
    The chaos around us makes it very hard to find the creative spirit necessary to write well.
    In the past, I had great discipline and could fashion an iron routine that made me very creative.
    The "scull" threads and the Wehrmacht Awards Forum types rob us all of whatever energy God gives us.
    Pfui.
    Merry Christmas once more and you have our deepest thanks.
    And, if the spirit has left and fails to return, please know that the books as they exist stand on their own
    and your wonderful citizenship here are a great example to so many others of what knowledge demands and how you
    have responded to this demand in such a fine manner.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast