Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Earth-brown SS-VT uniform

Article about: The attached are in no order whatsoever. The Eskimo cap cover with the Hoheitszeichen is an image of my cap that someone has altered....go figure. Who can match the images to the headings in

Default Re: Earth-brown SS-VT uniform

an earlier image as concerns work uniforms, such as they were in the first years of Dachau. I have no idea what color were these uniforms, but I imagine the cotton uniform was the standard military Drillich color as in the Reichswehr.

But I surely do not know. A motely crew to be sure....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Earth-brown SS-VT uniform
    P
    Many

another in said series of 1938...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  

Our colleague d'Alquen offered this one that shows the combination of orders of dress. Why the grey cap, in this case, I assume identical to the example I posted was worn with the black uniform is unknown to me, save that these recruits did not get issued a black forage cap and they were on parade or Wachdienst and had put aside their helmets....

As I wrote earlier, I stupidly sold one of these caps donkey's years ago...

It had been worn and was filled with all possible tags.

SS potentates visiting....here there is no doubt about the order of dress.

Are all the Bauer images in one place?

The Bildarchiv preussischer Kulturbesitz has a few dozen, and no more.
    Attached Images Attached Images Earth-brown SS-VT uniform 

Apropos field grey and "dove grey" et cetera.

Here are some caps of mine. Not one was the same color as the other in an exact sense.
    Colors in German uniforms were difficult even for the contemporaries, especially the gradations of green and reds.

The new works on the Feldbluse from European sources take on the cosmos of field grey in a direct manner, as do the nice volumes published with the aid of the Bavarian Army Museum in Ingolstadt.

The cavalry cap was a Holters, which I also sold....along with most of these.

another image of note as concerns....erdbraun. This is not my property, but mine of the early 1970s looked identical to this. According to the Spronk/Saris book, this cap was phased out after 1936. My cap was marked "VA 1936," in fact.
    Attached Images Attached Images Earth-brown SS-VT uniform  Earth-brown SS-VT uniform 

F-B very intresting thread

Interior of erdbraun cap. In this case, an authentic ca. late 1934 or 1935 SS Feldmuetze tag. Also, VA contract number tag.
    Attached Images Attached Images Earth-brown SS-VT uniform 

The uniform I had was similar to this, but not exactly. Mine did not have the belt loop things and had turn back cuffs.
    I should have kept it, but thought I could never find the insignia. Never say never.

Bob Coleman should speak up here as concerns how this piece below is or is not similar or identical to various SA uniforms.

another example from a flea market in West Germany of the 1970s

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast