Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.

Article about: Yep, that's what I was expecting to see. Many thanks. I'm sure FB is most interested in this marvelous piece as well that most collectors would be baffled by.

Default earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.

An earth grey tunic made into an army tunic, perhaps by its owner. earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.

This item puts the lie to the concept that earth grey is brown.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.
    P
    Many

Default Re: earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.

earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.Needless to say, had this tunic been dyed, the RZM tag would have vanished in the process, which it has not. A rare and interesting object which speaks to the scarcity of textiles and thrift---a forgotten virtue.

earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.Note. The shattered bits of the past....

?

I'm not really a tunic collector but have bought a few salty ones over the years.
    This one is my cup of tea!

?

Here's one of mine from years ago, similarly modified with a green collar...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.  

?

Superb! was the cap real?

?

Yes, both pieces now reside together in a collection in the US. The insignia on the tunic is replaced. Here are some more pics of the cap from when I had it. The piping is the same type of rayon used on shoulder straps...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.   earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.  

earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.   earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.  

?

I'm speechless, why have we never seen this amazing cap before?! Rayon piping?

Edit, I should learn to read rather than just look at the photos!

Do you have photos of the sweatshield? I'm sure there are interesting markings to be seen there..
    Last edited by BenVK; 06-10-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Marvelous items. I had a silk grey SS cap with rayon piping in the 1970s, long, long gone. The field cap is wonderful, as is the tunic.

?

The current owner occasionally posts pics on another forum, but I'm quite sure only a very small portion of his collection has been made public. Both eagle and skull are of the solid aluminium variety. Here is the tag under the sweat diamond...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture earth grey tunic as shown by Robert H.  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast