Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Fake Das Reich cuff title?

Article about: I am 99.9% sure this is a fake. There is a whole pile of different ones being offered as a vet bring back etc etc. They pass black light, but the backing is all wrong, and has none of the sa

?

Default Fake Das Reich cuff title?

I am 99.9% sure this is a fake. There is a whole pile of different ones being offered as a vet bring back etc etc. They pass black light, but the backing is all wrong, and has none of the salt & pepper Adrian describes in the 'How to spot a fake' thread. Can you confirm that this is indeed a bad copy.

Fake Das Reich cuff title?Fake Das Reich cuff title?Fake Das Reich cuff title?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Das Reich cuff title?
    P
    Many

ww2fotos
    ?

Default Re: Fake Das Reich cuff title?

Das Reich ist nichts sehr gut.

?

Certainly looks bad in the stiching, especially the e and the 6 strand silver edging and yes there is no salt and pepper on the reverse, i would say its a fake, lets see what the others say on this

there are some bands with only 6 strand edging,but the embroidery in not accurate in this rendition,,,

Al, the fake thread refers to Bevo MACHINE WOVEN cuff titles. This is an EMBROIDERED RZM pattern of cuff title, so none of info in that thread applies.

In the " Similar threads" links shown below this thread is one by me entitled "RZM Das Reich cuff title". Take a look as it shows a good original example.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade,

A bit night and day really! How is it that these ones pass the black light test though?

The lettering is incorrect as is the weave of the band material. I believe this is an old Ken Lane copy from the 1970s.

Bob Hritz

Hi Al, the black light test is only useful up to a point. The thing is, the older the fake, the more likely it might pass the test as they were not made of man made fibres. Then fakes started to be made from nylon polyester etc which will glow. Now fakers have realised their mistake and pure cotton etc is now used.

Cheers, Ade.

?

And to think that this was part of great Uncle ?????'s collection from his trip from The Desert,Anzio and into Germany. Perhaps he had a later tour to collect souvenirs he should have picked up the first time around when they were plentiful!! Thanks again Ade and Bob for the education lesson which could have been very expensive otherwise.