MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake

Article about: Hi, how old do you think this fake SS car pennent is? It is of very good quality and, do not think it is a very new piece. I was told once it was made sometime in the 60's. It has a little a

Default Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake

Hi, how old do you think this fake SS car pennent is? It is of very good quality and, do not think it is a very new piece. I was told once it was made sometime in the 60's. It has a little age to it.

I got this at a garage sale (car boot) along with some original US Army WW2 gear and patches & insignia years ago, and just found this a few days ago sorting things.

It is a pretty nice example of a fake, don't you think?

Did they ever really make an item like this, or pure fantasy?

I looked up the Iron fist division or? I forget the name, something to do with a German knight or warrior that had one hand cut off in battle hundreds of years ago, or similar.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake   Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake  

Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake   Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake  

Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake Panzer SS Car Pennent / Old Fake

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    I was told once it was made sometime in the 60's. It has a little age to it.
    Steve
    Made by Delta international and as you rightly say, a "nice looking fake" and pure fantasy

Those boys new how to fool

What years were they in buss? The RZM tag is all wrong font etc. Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    What years were they in buss? The RZM tag is all wrong font etc. Steve
    late 60's early 70's The old catalogues are quite collectable in their own right now, only why I will never know

I still think that they look nice, and unfortunately some dealers try to peddle them off as original to unsuspecting punters

Then what happens is the punter finds out there is no such thing as a bargain, and we loose another collector!

Nearly as bad as the etched K98 bayonets that do the rounds.

And I know 3 dealers that try to sell them as originals

Well they're not real dealers, they're wanna be's

It's still a good display piece Steve, even better if it cost you next to nothing

Hi John, that interesting info. I guess they have been faking this stuff a long time. I paid nothing for it, the whole lot of stuff was around $35, but I got a front seam M1 helmet complete, and a 44 dated machete and 44 date canvas case. Also some patches pins insig etc.

Do you happen to know WW2 Soviet also. I have bought a 6 digit Bravery medal from Seller on ebay, and he has a couple other items I was thinking of getting to save shipping costs. I made a post or 2 with some pics nad questions and no answers yet. Do you think you could look and see and tell me anything? I would like a few Soviet medals to display with my Russian grenade collection.

Regards, Steve

Steve-
    Delta produced a series of these fantasy SS pennants. They also produced a series of foreign HJ unit armbands. In the late 60's, these could be found at any American gun show.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Steve
    sorry I know nothing on Soviet, some would say I know nothing full stop.

Ade is your man. Just post the pictures in the USSR bit, someone will know