Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Fake "T"ring...but why?

Article about: Hello,need help on this probably epoch repro (fake) "T"ring. I am "green" on these items, this ring came from Budapest in the 80's and IMO no make sense to reproduce it w

Default Fake "T"ring...but why?

Hello,need help on this probably epoch repro (fake) "T"ring. I am "green" on these items, this ring came from Budapest in the 80's and IMO no make sense to reproduce it with this"Burin" incision....so much different by original incision on originals TOTENKOPFRINGs.
    A friend of mine,jeweller that work with the Police,after have examined it have told me that the Burin incision "H.Himmler" on this ring is epoch done... (?????) ...opinions and comments of an expert is very welcome.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !

Fake "T"ring...but why?Fake "T"ring...but why?Fake "T"ring...but why?Fake "T"ring...but why?Fake "T"ring...but why?Fake "T"ring...but why?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake "T"ring...but why?
    P
    Many

I'm not an expert, but you really don't need one to tell that this is definitely not a period SS Totenkopfring.

It's indeed a post-war fake and very bad one at that. It is (sloppily) cast, the details are poor, the edges are uneven, the Himmler signature is wrong, the recipient's name is missing, there should be no silver content mark etc. etc.

As for the why: For the usual reason, which is, of course, money. Either it was made as a replica item to cater to the needs of those who are happy to own an unsophisticated copy of the unaffordable real thing... or as a fake to fool those who actually believe that it is the real thing.

that just about covers it.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    that just about covers it.
    Indeed!....

Hey Ho.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I had one of these in the early 1970s.

But swapped it for a hat......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Honor rings never came with silver content markings, and the "Burin" inscription of Himmler's signature is obviously stamped into the band while it was being made. It is, as amply said above, a Terrible quality fake. And, to answer your question as to why anyone would do this is simple. To take a 5 dollars worth of silver fake ring and try to convince people that it's a 8-10,000 dollar genuine ring...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I've looked at these before and have never seen a Himmler that looked like that in a ring. I'm no expert though. But I would listen to the guys here on this forum for sure.

Thanks to all for comments,so only a Hungarian modern souvenir