Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Fake volunteer shields? Among other items

Article about: I purchased this lot at auction several months ago for \\$110. Posted on WAF and got all A's across the board. I've stumbled upon a post on another forum from 2019 where a dealer, don't know h

Quote by akriener View Post
    I guess sue me for doing my due diligence wanting to ask in depth questions with regards to technical aspects of items.
    I don't think the issue is that fact that you are doing your due diligence and asking questions, as a matter of fact, we encourage it.
    I think it is more a matter of how you ask.
    I think if you spent as much time reading past threads, as you do asking how other members have gained their knowledge, you would actually learn more.
    There is a lot of information to be gained from reading some of the reference threads posted in the various sections.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake volunteer shields? Among other items
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I don't think the issue is that fact that you are doing your due diligence and asking questions, as a matter of fact, we encourage it.
    I think it is more a matter of how you ask.
    I think if you spent as much time reading past threads, as you do asking how other members have gained their knowledge, you would actually learn more.
    There is a lot of information to be gained from reading some of the reference threads posted in the various sections.
    Ralph.
    If you think I post without first reviewing old threads across multiple forums then you are mistaken. Inconsistencies in opinion exist across all forums, so it's important to crosspost to gather an accurate statistical sampling. Then it's up to me (and others who ask) to interpret the results.

I appreciate peoples' experience and I do not discount their experience. I will echo again what I have said previously: Too often there is the statement of "it's real" or "it's fake" and not enough of the why. I think that would be helpful to everyone!

I'm not asking for people to waste time writing long winded posts but just snippets can point people in the right direction. i.e. "I know this sewing style is correct because I've read/researched it in ABC". That then gives people a point to launch their own additional research on solid footing.

CBH
    ?

I would suggest you purchase some reference books if in-depth detail is what you seek and leave the internet to the troglodytes.
    These books are rare and very expensive but available if your willing to put your money where your month is.

Quote by CBH View Post
    I would suggest you purchase some reference books if in-depth detail is what you seek and leave the internet to the troglodytes.
    These books are rare and very expensive but available if your willing to put your money where your month is.
    Except books are not always accurate and can become outdated. Look at Kelly Hicks' SS-Steel. Super popular, and then at least one featured in the book turned out to be fake.

CBH
    ?

There are threads for reference books, but not really reviews.
    Reviews would be useful.
    If SS is your interest Micheal Beaver Books are very good.
    Helmets are a minefield all themselves, with SS being churned out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3