Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft

Article about: Nice pair Ben, Did the Heer crushers have the same colour interior as their SS counterparts? Put me on the waiting list if you consider selling Best, Wolfslair

?

Default Re: Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft

Where it all began. That's me sitting in my Dad's car aged 1 or 2!

My old man sure had some nice cars. The black Healey 3000 was and still is my all time favourite. Shame it caught fire and burnt to ashes!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft   Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft  

Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft
    P
    Many

What wonderful cars! Thank you for showing us. My father had a 1959 Porsche 356, which infected me with the illness of German cars.

?

Oh wow, a 356! I always wanted one of those. I nearly bought a replica one based on a VW Beetle when I was 18 but changed my mind and got a Cobra instead.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft  

?

you've got one go around in life, Ben,

get done what you want done. Have fun where you find it, and be

complete in it . Run as fast as you can and set fire to the carpets,

Bless you Ben and run like hell

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Oh wow, a 356! I always wanted one of those. I nearly bought a replica one based on a VW Beetle when I was 18 but changed my mind and got a Cobra instead.
    The car in question was a coupe, light blue with a red interior.
    It was a wonderful car. The sound of air cooled VW style motors always pleases me.
    I also inherited a 1964 Jaguar 3.8 S, in fact, which was also a wonderful car. It was technically problematic, though. I sold it soon after I was given it, which was a real shame. It had marvelous upholstery and Edelholz furnishings inside. The dual carburetors never were much in synch and they also reeked of gas, too, which is normal.
    Automobiles today are not as nice, really.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-18-2010 at 01:32 AM.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Although I do regret selling that KZ cap because it was rather special, I honestly didn't feel that comfortable owning it. If only it had not been piped that colour. Prehaps I was being overly sensitive, after all, prehaps the job of the original owner was merely pushing a pen around and filling in forms. However it just didn't sit right with me. Silly I know.

Anyway, all the talk of cars has had me searching all week for some photos.
    I can sympathize with you about the cap . . . but you must admit - it was truly something unique in this day and age.

And I can sympathize with you on the talk of automobiles . . . but I'm not so sure about the Brit versions. When I was 16, I inherited a 1959 MGA - and that is when I learned how to fear 6V systems . . . especially the type that gave the best lessons in how the British felt grounding electric in automobiles should have been done! Being from across the pond, I'm sure this never troubled you, but here in the States, it proves to be one h-e-double-hockeytsticks of a kopfschmerzen! Especially when you have wet hands . . . but enough on that subject!

After giving up on the Brit cars, and the electrical troubles I personally experienced with them, I tried a few others . . . following a 1966 Ford Mustang (affectionately known to me as a "Rustang" . . .), I went to this little gem. It had 33K in ORIGINAL miles, was completely original and unaltered (down to the original spark-plugs even!), and (honestly) belonged to the Doctor that treated Dorothy Lamour throughout her younger years . . . I still miss it to this day. And in this pic, it shows how difficult it was to get my Dad out of the driver's seat . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft  

Then I got the itch for a "kit car" . . .

Somebody should have told me otherwise about these things. This car (?) was UNGODLY fast, and at the same time, offered a very quick opportunity for meeting St. Peter. I know - I almost did in this one . . .

There is something to be said about having a little more between you and oncoming traffic, other than a vehicle with a fiberglass body . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft   Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft  

And now I have settled into this little dove of a vehicle . . . it is not exceptionally fast, but it get's me where I want to go quick enough. Yes, there are rumored to be some inherent flaws with the differential support in these models, but this one seems to be holding it's own so far . . . and best of all - it LOVES the curves better than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Oh - what a good time it is when the sun is shining!

Who needs to keep collecting militaria, when Life is full of so many other pleasures?

Ben, This is the first time for me seeing this beauty, Congrats!!!!

Matt

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5