Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft

Article about: Nice pair Ben, Did the Heer crushers have the same colour interior as their SS counterparts? Put me on the waiting list if you consider selling Best, Wolfslair

?

Default Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft

I'd given up trying to find one of these years ago and then last week, whilst looking for something else, this one appeared out of nowhere. It was advertised with obvious reproduction badges which is often the case but the cap itself seemed correct in the few small photos I could get. The badges now applied are from my own collection which will do for now but the cupal Deschler TK is not quite right for the cap, I feel it would have had all zinc insignia more in keeping with the later creation date of this cap.

This is the first time of showing, I rarely post anything of this sort anymore but I know that the members here are, shall we say, more educated and sincere than any other forum.

Cheers and well done Germany today, brilliant performance against Argentina in the World Cup!
    Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft

Bought from the same source.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft   Feldmutze Alter Art fur Mannschaft  

?

Good Lord! And congratulations. The crusher is lovely. Is the peak still supple? It has amazing character. Was there any restoration to do? I am curious about the peaks of these crushers, why do they often have striations and furrows?

I am a long way from acquiring a crusher as I am still working to get educated on visors.

Please share everything you know about it, date of manufacturer, construction, etc.

Cheers,

Tricot

Marvelous items, really. Bravo. I think you can leave the cupal badge where it is. We really have no idea about the badges on these, do we? The person could have easily recycled the badges from another cap. The cap with the leather peak is very handsome, has much character, and seems in very fine shape.

Thank you for sharing your nice treasures.

One seldom sees such nice things. You are raising the level here.

?

I will gladly share my observations in detail but not in public because I worry about the wrong people getting hold of the details and incorporating them into new generations of fakes. There are a number of unique features about the crusher that no one would ever think of faking.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I will gladly share my observations in detail but not in public because I worry about the wrong people getting hold of the details and incorporating them into new generations of fakes. There are a number of unique features about the crusher that no one would ever think of faking.
    Operational security has priority, especially with this thing. Thank you for showing it to us and you are right to guard the frontier with great alertness. I have spilled the beans on far too much here, with tragic results for the novice and general harm overall.

?

Roger that!

I imagine the peak leather is pressed rolled unsplit cowhide (or horsehide) that was a lower grade than equipment leather, hence the creases and grooves.

I'm sure some mention of peak leather is trapped deep in the pages of the UM. Sadly my DVD is still mostly gibberish to me. Although the illustrations are drool inspiring.

And regarding sculls and adlers, I think your crusher would be just as lovely with a Heer embroidered eagle and a Danziger skull! I am discovering the personal variations are more interesting than strictly orthodox material. Anyone who has served in the military knows that individual servicemen often go to great lengths to customize their uniforms, often pushing the envelope as far as it will go.

Quote by BenVK View Post

?

Good sir, the positives of your intellectual generosity are legion. I, for one, am grateful and indebted.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Operational security has priority, especially with this thing. Thank you for showing it to us and you are right to guard the frontier with great alertness. I have spilled the beans on far too much here, with tragic results for the novice and general harm overall.

?

Quote by Tricot View Post
    Was there any restoration to do? I am curious about the peaks of these crushers, why do they often have striations and furrows?
    Absolutely no restoration done apart from changing the bogus insignia. I'm all too aware now that a lot of people think that I make these things from scratch in my kitchen every week from some magical supply of authentic material and parts. What started out as a free restoration service for friends has become a bit of an albatross around my neck. That's why I truly don't like posting anything anymore.

Leather peaks very often had these furrows. It all depends on how much coating and lacquer was applied and the natural heat applied over the years. Some crack, some melt, some weld themselves into the wool, some expand and pop all the stitches holding them on, some are very thin, some are thick slabs of leather. The list is endless.

Hi Ben, congrats! Superb stuff! It is much appreciated that you have shown the images here. A big thank you!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast