Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.

Article about: I include here a cap that has garnered some wrongful assertions as being a fake. It is a Sonderanfertigung cap from the Saxon firm of Weissbach in Glachau. This cap has a grey silver rayon i

Default Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.

I include here a cap that has garnered some wrongful assertions as being a fake.
    It is a Sonderanfertigung cap from the Saxon firm of Weissbach in Glachau.
    This cap has a grey silver rayon interior, as found in certain grey SS caps, especially officer caps.
    I own a cap of this type and I have no doubts as to its authenticity.
    It also differs from the normal black cap in that the quality of the wool is the Sonderanfertigung, higher quality of trikot.
    Of course, if one of you has proof that such a cap is indeed fake, do kindly furnish it for mutual analysis. Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.
    To be sure, the bulk of enlisted Sonderanfertigung caps have a golden colored lining, of rayon or even silk.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.
    P
    Many

Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.My cap of the same type with a black tunic.

Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Notice lining.

Some more evidence, to include other images of this cap.

Lubstein black Sonderanfertigung cap of late make.

?

F-B Thanks for showing this cap and sharing your experience. You have given a nice lesson in linings. Greater thanks for all your work here and elsewhere swimming against the internet tide.

Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Another cap with late configuration with silver lining and darker brown sweatband.

Thank you, Joe, for your contribution from your superb collection.

Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Here are earlier Sonderanfertigung caps for the officer, but these were phased out in 1936 or thereabouts.

- - ------- - -

The enlisted cap was retained until whenever, more or less 1940, I think...but I do not know.

Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Wille Sonderanfertigung ca. 1937, courtesy Jenkins

Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Felix Weissbach Glachau in Sa. Sonderanfertigung black cap.Clemens Wagner, a later variant, from the R. Wilson treasures, with the more or less standard interior.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast