Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flemish Badge?

Article about: I bought this badge along with several items of British cloth insignia a year or so ago. It has been suggested on a badge Forum that it might be German/Flemish/SS related? It could be nothin

mjw
    ?

Default Flemish Badge?

I bought this badge along with several items of British cloth insignia a year or so ago. It has been suggested on a badge Forum that it might be German/Flemish/SS related? It could be nothing of the sort. Whatever it is, I thought I would post here in the hope that someone might have an opinion. No need to spare any blushes. Nothing in the lot cost more than a £1 each so its not going to dent my pocket. In fact it won't even dent my pride as I did not buy it as anything. Kind regards, Malcolm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flemish Badge?   Flemish Badge?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flemish Badge?
    P
    Many

I think you have yourself a very fine & very rare badge there .
    May be even a bit more crude than others I have seen so far , but the amount of work that goes into these is incredible ( hand cut felt lion machine embroidered onto shield ) ..

mjw
    ?

Hello Winkelman.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have to say I am very pleased, but somewhat surprised! The badge Forum did suggested it might be: Waffen SS Langemark Division sleeve badge, similar design but of "rough", locally made manufacture. Seems like they might be correct!

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Yes , the Dutch Legion also started out with locally hand made insignia , before being supplied through official German channels ;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flemish Badge?  

mjw
    ?

I will be frank, this is not a subject area I have any knowledge of. When I bought them, I just thought it was an interesting badge.

Following on from the previous post. I would like to ask you, if possible who, or where and when would it have been made?

Kind regards, Malcolm.

a badge as this or alike was anyway worn by youth in Belgium.
    If I do find the time, I will scan a photo of its wearing.

mjw
    ?

Hello Wilhelm.

Thank you for the reply. Is this a generic badge worn at times other than WW2 period? Similar to British person wearing a small version of the national flag on their clothing today?

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Here two versions of lion are being worn. All three photographs are wartime Flemish youth
    (HJ Flanders). The most clear photos do show the later general worn form, which also was
    worn by girls upon the left breastside.

Flemish Badge?
    September 1944 when he stayed in Germany.

Flemish Badge? Flemish Badge?
    the lad in brownshirt: date unkown. The one with Berger was 1944.

mjw
    ?

Hello Wilhelm.

Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures. If I understand you correctly the badge I have illustrated would have been a Flemish HJ badge and not anything related to the SS?

Many thanks for all your efforts in this matter. They are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Malcolm.

Quote by mjw View Post
    Hello Wilhelm. Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures. If I understand you correctly the badge I have illustrated would have been a Flemish HJ badge and not anything related to the SS?
    It could be Flemish HJ and if it can have to do with SS, I do not know.
    Maybe one of the SS experts or Belgium collectors can tell us about this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast