Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead

Article about: This SS man smiles while he works with needle and thread, knowing that decades hence, in a new century, his handicraft will generate dozens of crazed posts by those here who can only poorly

Default Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead

This SS man smiles while he works with needle and thread, Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead knowing that decades hence, in a new century, his handicraft will generate dozens of crazed posts by those here who can only poorly decipher the meaning of this image.

- - Updated - -

If he is looking in on this from Vahalla, will likely thinks that we are all very nuts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead

I found this image here, which is a website to please many enthusiasts courtesy of the US National Archives.

Kriegsberichter Archive

Default Re: Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead

Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadHere is another image of some poetry with a dirty field cap for dog care worn by this Ritterkreuztraeger whose name will be known to some here.

Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadFlick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadFlick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead"Sepp" Dietrich not only liked his German pointer but also kittens, die waren alle so ziemlich tierlieb....!!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-20-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadFlick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadFlick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadI own a cap not unlike that of this officer in the LAH....but without cat hair.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-20-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Not the cold-hearted, emotionless brutes as perceived by most

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I found this image here, which is a website to please many enthusiasts courtesy of the US National Archives.

Kriegsberichter Archive
    A site that is well worth visiting.

Of note (among many other things) are Kriegsberichter Homann's photos of the Heydrich funeral, although these are well-known.
    More obscure and thus even more interesting are Kriegsberichter Dürr's images of the Hungarian Ethnic German Waffen-SS volunteers and Kriegsberichter Fritsch's photographs of other Hungarian Volksdeutsche wearing the uniform of the Deutsche Mannschaft.

Oh, and the dog-loving RKT is, of course, Gerhard (Gerd) Bremer.

Thank you, colleague, you are always a great help. I must confess that I do not concentrate on Ritterkreuztraeger, being more oriented to persons in black tunics, ethnic cleansers and mass murderers and such.

I have seen these Waffen SS pictures from the National Archives for over a generation. There was an odd little book of them published here in the US in the late '60s and the '70s as contact prints and such.

In any case, I added the link for the use of those here, since, as Uniformkunde the material is compelling.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-20-2013 at 08:09 PM.

Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadFlick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie aheadThanks, Andreas, for the tip about the Heydrich funeral images. I had seen what must have been Bauer images of this event, but not precisely these images. Danke vielmals.

From here to there in eight years....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead   Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead  

Attached Images Attached Images Flick und Putzstunde in the Waffen SS: puzzles for the decades that lie ahead 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast