Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Florian Geyer cufftitles ---

Article about: Thinking of eventually getting myself a Florian Geyer cufftitle and thought I'd pose a question re. these here; Most all I can remember having seen are BEVO style cufftitles, was this the on

Default Florian Geyer cufftitles ---

Thinking of eventually getting myself a Florian Geyer cufftitle and thought I'd pose a question re. these here; Most all I can remember having seen are BEVO style cufftitles, was this the only style these were produced in?
    Not looking for help in ID'ing any one example, will probably get to that when I find the right one plus I also have Ade's BEVO thread to lean on --- at the moment I'm just looking to figure out what's out there and accepted as the genuine article...

Also, added to the fact that it seems most are BEVO style it also appears that a lot are of the unissued "depot" kind --- are tunic removed/used examples really rare? I mean, I wouldn't be surprised... probably not a unit you'd want to be associated with post-war.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Florian Geyer cufftitles ---
    P
    Many

The unit was awarded the honour title in March 1944. The cuff title was Bevo machine woven only.

Many cuff titles came out of Dachau.

Original tunic removed titles are hard to find, especially for units who fought most of the war in the East.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you very much for the info, Ade! Your reasoning behind the scarcity of actual used examples makes perfect sense of course --- I guess that makes searching for one much easier, although I always prefer used over unissued --- but BEVO it is anyhow! Reason I'm looking into this is because I have a helmet attributed to SS-Kavallerie-Regiment 1/Florian Geyer and I'd like to have one alongside the helmet on display.

Seems there's several "ripped" unissued examples out there, what would a reasonable price for a damaged example be? I'm guessing this effects the price substantially in this field? Any pointers/guidance would be helpful.
    Last edited by slados28; 08-08-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Anyone?Just asking for pointers on price to get some footing here ---

Shae Has a mint one that has been cut for $500 to give you some idea of the price.

Thanks! I guess, with dealer price inflation in mind, one should be able to get a better one for around the same price privately/collector to collector --- I don't see too many for sale though... will just have to keep on keeping an eye out