Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That found someone

Article about: Thanks to Robert for sprucing things up here, as it was getting rather boring with too many 'scull' and patch threads. I also am quite sure that Germany and Austria are home to material that

Thanks so much for the additional material.

damit, basta.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Very nice, and with a name too!

Here is the document I was thinking of earlier in the thread. To summarize, it submits a design as a replacement for the earlier blank tab for 3 reasons:
    1. The blank tab does nothing for the Esprit de Corps of the Austrians.
    2. The blank tab makes it hard to identify men committing infractions outside the camp.
    3. A runic tab would better reflect their comradeship with the men of the Austrian second battalion SS-VT unit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sam-1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	591253  

Here is the attachment to the previous document. It was rejected by the SS-Hauptamt as the Runic tab was reserved exclusively for the SS-VT.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sam-2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	591255  

Thanks for this. Your document fits into the Rothlaender piece, which makes clear that these Austrian refugees is rural Bavaria, where they were quartered, had many discipline problems.
    Thanks for a revealing and interesting item of great merit.
    damit, basta.

Very fine collaboration here with very compelling and interesting material. These kinds of thread show the real potential of the joint, combined effort we undertake. Thanks to all for the kind aid.
    damit, basta.

That is a very nice find. I sure wish it was mine Thanks for sharing them Robert.

Thank you to Mr. Robert H, Mr. D'alquen and F-B for contributing to this fine thread. Nowhere else will the average man find such info freely shared. I am always thankful to be in such esteemed company.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grupfhr.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	592302

Thanks for the above.
    damit, basta.

Just for the sake of completeness, allow me to add that the SS officer seen above is Alfred Rodenbücher, formerly head of the SS-Oberabschnitt Österreich and, after the ban of the Austrian SS, head of the SS-Sammelstelle from 1935 to 1938.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast