Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

Article about: I still can't believe this thread exists. What a lucky find. This is really the dream.

Default Re: Found This SS Uniform in an ATTIC!!

then it could be a private purchased example

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name:  U-079.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  39.6 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00372-20120823-1446 copy.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	442905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-064t.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	442904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-064v.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	442906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-064u.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	442907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-064s.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	442908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U-064r.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	442903a not dissimilar cap that I am proud to own. It is bereft of stamps and tags, but no less real.
    damit, basta.

WOW !!! Great find!! You are lucker that I am. All I have found is dust in most of my Attic searchs.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The new owner should carefully remove as much of the dirt and grime as possible, since such filth destroys the wool with a slow brutality.
    On this point, I very much concur. This entire uniform set should be professionally cleaned and conserved. It is a remarkable attic find after a period of almost 70 years being away from the public eye. The shirt and pants Alone are a significant value in their own rights.

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Not a problem, they would be wearing normal field uniform like everyone else.

Also don't forget anyone serving in a unit which did not have an honour cuff title could wear the cuff title of their old unit.

Cheers, Ade.
    As I understand, this branch was tasked with daily administration duties for all branches of the SS . . . and this title was officially instituted in May of 1940 - so yes, the possibility that you describe is certainly valid.

Trouble for many may rest in the fact that the level of quality attributed to the cufftitle does not "seat" well with the level of quality afforded to this enlisted tunic. Not out of the realm of possibility, but certainly very obscure . . .

It bothers me as well . . . but when you come to terms with all the available possibilities, maybe it really shouldn't . . . ???

All the well - as more information about the finding comes to light, the brighter the finding appears to be . . .

Wow, you are very very lucky. Certainly a find of a lifetime. The guy is gonna be heated when he looks up the items he just gave away!!!

just wanted to add "EXCELLENT FIND"!!!!!!well done after looking at all the fotos im sure that all of this gear is 100% period,one of the biggest things i hate about the ww2 especially ss collectors is there are not too many honest people out there,seems alot of people that are "EXPERTS" seem to dissmiss everything straight away with absalutly no real reasoning???(maybe just to get something cheap or scam someone that dont know too much..)personally i wish i had a spare $5000-$10000 to offer you for this lot.take care of it and personally ??have it all appraised by a "real expert" in the field that has nothing to gain(just say that you keeping it all and need COA for insurance purposes) sure for a few hundread bucks you could get a few COA from someone that has a good name in the field otherwise im sure alot of people in this field would love to offer you $50 bucks for that fake ss cap???....GOOD WORK !!!and when you do sell it be very carefull.happy new year and cheers from Australia Andreas

just wanted to add thats an m43 cap and the insignia is "flawless) as well as the algemaeine ss black cap 100% period,not an expert on uniforms but id be willing to drop money on that one just from comparing to books it looks 100% period...totally og just like the arm sleave eagle is perfect..if anyone on this forum can get me repro stuff like this id love to know where.cheers Andreas ps it would be great if people especially "newbees" or people that dont know anything are given accurate non bias info when they come looking for it,ive been collecting for 20 plus yrs and if someone needs help ill help them,if i find an og ss hat on a german fleamarket 100% og for 50euros im not going to turn around and throw thousands at the seller but if someone is in need of help it would be great if they were to get it without all the "experts" commenting,im no expert on uniforms but i know hats daggers and ss buckles.ive lost count of the amount ive times ive asked for help on forums such as this only to be told that its repro/worthless then getting 20 emails saying they want to buy and offer me 2-5 times what a repro is worth???.thats why i try to learn just from books these my opinion the peole/collectors in this area/field need to have a really good look at what this scene has turned into.. i wish everyone in the world a Happy and Succesfull new year for 2013.very best regards Andreas Schenk ps i apolagise too all the honest collectors dealers on this site for my comments but it must be said.if i believed every expert in this field when i started out id be out almost $50k worth of stuff that i would have sold for $1000 bucks...

Great find, after climbing throughout many attics covered in cobwebs and asbestos and sometimes unbearable heat running wires I have found 1 hbt us cap I was overjoyed with the find, but you are one lucky man.
    I believe the wear and possible seperation of the cuftitle easily could have taken place while they were used by boys battling in their yard.
    I recomend you do as some of the experts said here as this uniform needs a cleaning \ restoration
    I wish you well in the process and hope you stay and share your collection on this swell site with friendly people

Amusing to me how the mere mention of 'SS' gets so many up on their little hind legs and baring their teeth.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast