Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Found watch

Article about: Can anybody tell me any info on this watch?

Welcome to the Forum. We have had many threads on these enhanced old watches. This is the first time to see a Legion Condor one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Have you taken the back off it yet? Doxa watches often have a dust cover underneath the back disc plate that is often wonderfully engraved with prize winning medals and are sometimes gilded. The watch appears to be a transitional type, from when pocket watches were being phased out or even modified into wrist watches. It's a nice item, and if complete, worth around £150-£180 if working.

It's a shame about the bogus stickers/decals being added, and as said these are going on ebay every single week, sometimes for stupid money after hooking some uninformed enthusiast with skulls and SS runes as well as this new one on me, a Legion Condor example. One chap in Poland sells several every week and still maintains a 100% rating or near as damn it, God knows how! I regularly get email alerts from a chap named Jason Spangler in the States under the name of 'Santeeswapper' who runs a site that advertises memerobilia for sale on ebay. He's well meaning I think, but not overly knowledgable, as recently he has one of these on nearly every update, and some go for several hundred dollars.

It would be nice if it could be rescued with a little careful and sympathetic restoration, but don't go paying too much for what is a $300 watch at the end of the day, perhaps you could attempt it yourself if you think you can do a fair job. Careful though!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not a bad watch as it goes, pitty about the bugus printing/stickers on the dail. In fact this Swiss factory did make watches for the army, but never with such silly prints on the dails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12