Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles

Article about: It has taken me the better part of 40 years to find all the patterns of the flatwire SS officer sleeve eagles. The last eagle was found at a small show, in Germany, this month. Bob Hritz

Default Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles

It has taken me the better part of 40 years to find all the patterns of the flatwire SS officer sleeve eagles. The last eagle was found at a small show, in Germany, this month.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles   Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles
    P
    Many

Default Re: Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles

Detail-upper left. This is the narrow body version and is qute rare.

Bof Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles  

Detail-upper right. This is one of the more commonly encountered types.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Four Types of Flatwire Officer Sleeve Eagles  

Detail-lower left. This is the most often encountered pattern that corresponds to the common enlisted pattern.

Bob Hritz

Detail-lower right. This is, by far, the most rare pattern. I have only seen one other and it was on a tunic.

Bob Hritz

Thank you for the nice photo essay as well as congratulations on your fortune in patience.

At the risk of importuning you, would you please give thought to redoing your old visual essay from the dagger forum on some varieties of cap badges? That is, the various types, as you have so ably done here with these woven badges.

Uniformenmarkt has quite a few articles on the issues of woven versus hand embroidered, (bestickt) insignia and regalia generally, which are highly interesting..by the way.

Such would greatly aid the life of this site, which is otherwise cluttered with the same questions to no good end.

Once more, congratulations on your finds, even far afield, and best wishes for more regalia in the new year.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Detail-lower right. This is, by far, the most rare pattern. I have only seen one other and it was on a tunic.

Bob Hritz
    There was one for sale at the 2008 MAX for around $900 and it sat there the whole show without selling. I think most people didn't recognize it as an original pattern. Though I don't collect unissued insignia, I almost bought it as an investment. I wish I had known you were looking for one; I could have saved you over a year of hunting. Congratulations on completing your search, nonetheless!

Hi Bob, well done on completing the set. Always a nice feeling.

Thanks for posting the photos, as it will make a great reference.

Cheers, Ade.

ho,how,how, thats Super Work

PS: super for me and IMO for every ...

very nice set bob always good to see very good photos of nice original items to study! thanks!

regards ewan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast