Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frundsberg SS Tunic

Article about: Hi, A little old lady contacted me and said that her husband died and he had this in his closet. She is pretty old and I am having a hard time getting good pictures sent to me but this is wh

Default Frundsberg SS Tunic

Hi,

A little old lady contacted me and said that her husband died and he had this in his closet. She is pretty old and I am having a hard time getting good pictures sent to me but this is what I got. I am fairly certain it isn't real but I would hate to be wrong because she's asking 200 dollars. What does everyone think and please tell me why so I can learn. I compared to old threads and the eagle seemed ok to me but the SS threading looked wrong.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frundsberg SS Tunic   Frundsberg SS Tunic  

Frundsberg SS Tunic   Frundsberg SS Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Frundsberg SS Tunic
    P
    Many

Also how the SS tab is sewn on looks wrong and crude to me. Is the silver lining also the wrong tone?

Here is the SS eagle. Is there too much black patch underneath the swastika or is that a mute point?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frundsberg SS Tunic  

There are a couple of these inside as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Frundsberg SS Tunic  

Hi guys, Could I get an opinion on this? I did compare old threads and posted the differences that I see. I would just like to hear back to confirm or deny what I am seeing so that I can stand on my feet more going forward. Thanks everyone

CBH
    ?

The collar and eagle look bad to me , they seem to use the wrong colour and thickness of thread .

Just my opinion , please wait for more to comment . I could be wrong .

?

I dont like the eagle, either. I don't think collar tabs were attached by stitching? I might be wrong but i believe it was done with glue.

Regards,
    Bas

What do you guys think of the cuff title weave ( the black part)? It appears to be a pretty good quality weave but the pattern is different than the Adolf hitler cuff title I have.

Interesting that a field tunic of such rank has french cuffs, I thought only officers had them. Can an expert shed some light on this?

The whole tunic is false. I would not touch it with a 10foot barge pole

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast