Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Fulda Werra tunic

Article about: The involvement with foetid woolens leads to all kinds of arcane and useless information. There is even an Allgemeine SS page in facebook, but I shall engage this medium. Pi pa po.

Default Fulda Werra tunic

I wonder where it is today. The pictures from 1972 had it in Atlanta, Ga.
    Where is it today........?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fulda Werra tunic   Fulda Werra tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fulda Werra tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Fulda Werra tunic

I had the opportunity to buy this tunic off Steve Wolfe...some 15 odd years ago.....I didn't and haven't seen it since.
    The tunic then had a blank right collar patch though!!

Is this piece not in the Hayes book of the early 1990s? I believe it was the property of Darryl Pajot at one point. Who knows where these things end up, really. The runic collar tab is incorrect in this 1972 image? So close and yet so far.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-14-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Here is an image of the same tunic once in the hands of another collector.....Fulda Werra tunic at a later date. The runic versus the blank tag speaks to the fact that the so called "untouched" tunic is a chimera in many cases, even when the piece is essentially sound and pleasing. Collectors have long amended and embellished these things, against which the exacting and sometimes unrealistic standards of the present collide to the detriment of real knowledge. Bob Coleman reminds us that insignia collectors mined and defaced these objects in the former times to complete their collections, and the original owner in 1972 likely was put off by the blank collar patch and thought he served the truth with the runic one. Maybe he did not know any better? Who knows?

I guess I can only wait for more things to come out of the Mottenkiste, where they have been like sleeping beauty since the spring of 1946.

Postscriptum: if the rank tab and the administrative star are integral to this Fulda Werra tunic, then one could easily determine the owner's identity.

Thanks to my Texan colleague for a useful source in the actual chronicle of these items versus the romantic, mythical and down right silly accounts given them today in the internet.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    the original owner in 1972 likely was put off by the blank collar patch and thought he served the truth with the runic one. Maybe he did not know any better? Who knows?
    When the tunic sufaced at a Ga. gun store it was (was I recall) devoid of collar tabs but the admn. sleeve diamond, brassard and epaulauet were in situ. An 'extra' FW cufftitle was in the pocket (I obtained it and still have it to this day). Those were days where and when detailed knowledge on these items was in scarce supply and a blank collar tab would have been considered 'lesser' than those of a runic configuriation.

Marvelous addendum here to reinforce the point about amended and supplemented foetid woolens. The collar patches were likely pilfered at some point and the thing was repaired incorrectly and then finally fixed properly. Such facts do not surprise me. I would still be happy to own such an object, in fact. The graduates of Oswald Pohl's administrative academy were an elite in themselves, mind you. They did much to make the SS the organization that it became at the height of its power.

it may sound stupid but can someone here give me some information of the ss unit Fulda Werra as i never ever heard of this unit at all

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    When the tunic sufaced at a Ga. gun store it was (was I recall) devoid of collar tabs but the admn. sleeve diamond, brassard and epaulauet were in situ. An 'extra' FW cufftitle was in the pocket (I obtained it and still have it to this day). Those were days where and when detailed knowledge on these items was in scarce supply and a blank collar tab would have been considered 'lesser' than those of a runic configuriation.
    can you please post a photo of the Fulda Werra cufftitel as i never seen one

Such information is contained in the SS Dienstalterlisten, the SHAEF intelligence handbook on the Allgemeine SS (reprinted in the UK), in the Lumsden books on the SS, as well as in the Yerger book on the Allgemeine SS. The Allgemeine SS had a command structure more or less similar to the Wehrkreise of the Reichswehr/Wehrmacht, with HQs sometimes collocated with same. Here is an organigramme of the SS from the Orgbuch. Fulda Werra was such a Oberabschnitt with its HQ in northern Hessen at Bad Arolsen. Its Cdr was Josias Erbprinz zu Waldeck Pyrmont. Fulda Werra tunic
    You can even look in Wikipedia, but you should only do so after looking at the old fashioned printed sources. I was born in the early 1950s, and cannot jump over my shadow.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-23-2010 at 08:48 PM.

There are further images of this tunic in the Hayes book.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast