Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Gardes Wallonnes lapel badge

Article about: Hi Guys, I hope you will indulge me and although this is not strictly an SS item, I thought that I would post it here for you to see. It is the lapel badge of the Gardes Wallonnes. Although

Default Gardes Wallonnes lapel badge

Hi Guys, I hope you will indulge me and although this is not strictly an SS item, I thought that I would post it here for you to see.

It is the lapel badge of the Gardes Wallonnes. Although not part of the Rexist movement of Leon Degrelle I think they broadly wanted the same aims? I am sure many of the members who wore this badge might have ended up in the Waffen SS? I would certainly welcome more info about the badge.

I have been trying to buy it for a few years now. It was brought home by a British Vet who was an MP charged with hunting down Degrelle. It is now in the hands of his daughter and son in law. They sadly sold a large Rexist banner for £200 some years ago which I missed out on.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gardes Wallonnes lapel badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gardes Wallonnes lapel badge
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Gardes Wallonnes lapel badge

Very nice and rare badge Ade!
    It's good to have some provenance for the badge, once items get into the hands of dealers this is usally lost.
    Maybe we need a section for collaborationist items?

Super Item!! Where o Where do these treasure comes from, thanks Ade for showing, I like the fact that you not only show good pics, but give a good explanation to the items as well, this a good example for us to follow. (Sometimes the explanation is better than the pic) IMO Mike

Wow

Hi Mike, thanks for bringing this old thread back to life.

This is a super rare badge. Sadly I still have not been able to buy it. I made a very good offer for it and the Luftwaffe Fliegermutze you might have noticed that it is pinned too. The sad and rather annoying thing is a dealer who is well known here on TV's Antiques Roadshow really badly unpaid them for the banner. I think this has very rightly made them wary now.

I am still looking for more info on the badge and the organisation.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hey Ade
    terrific item!!
    Garde Wallone, is the opposant of the Vlaamse Wacht; as you know Belgium is divide in two ( in 3 in fact but thise is only goign to make it more difficult!!.....), the Flemish and the Walloons.The Flemisch had the Vlaamse Wacht and the French speaking part the Garde Wallone.
    I am not sure for the Garde Wallone, but the Vlaamse Wacht was founded in 1941 and became Wehrmachtangehörige in july 1944, they mainly had guarding duty's; at factory's , trains, etc...Mainly city guarding operations, rural equivalent are the Boere Wacht.
    I think thise history fits the Garde Wallone for a major part.
    That flag going for 200£ was the bargaing of the century!!
    It appears that thise Garde Wallone insigna is sitting on something.... is that a cap, or a tunic...??
    I do have the buttons of such a tunic !! But that would be someting fore a button sub forum, wouldnt it!!!! (Laughing Out Very Loud!!) ;-)

cheers
    |<ris
    Last edited by stuka f; 10-28-2011 at 02:19 PM.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks Kris!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gardes Wallonnes lapel badge  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice cap!
    Not sure the badge would have been worn that way!!
    The Flemish Guard had there own uniforme, so did the Walloons!
    Thise guy was probably affected to a LW campement and they probably wear LW uniforms at the end of the war, so he might have pinned the early badge on his later cap, but after the war!
    IMO.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Or maybe the British Veteran or his relatives placed it there, which is what I suspect? I think they placed it through a moth hole.

The badge has a button hole fastener on the back. I only have this lousy out of focus pic of it.

Do not see one of these every day!