Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

General's White Uniform

Article about: The above is not an SS uniform, but a Trachten Joppe, and I bought it in Vienna from a Salzburg maker.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thanks, similar to this?
    The whipcord is finer with no nubs , if that makes sense ? it is so hard to try and describe some of these things even with the internet and pictures . I think I will try to get some help and maybe a new camera might help .
    jim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General's White Uniform
    P
    Many

Quote by Arran View Post
    Attachment 622675
    Here is the detail of the fake shoulder board above mentioned:
    Here is the Ribbentrop shoulder board for comparison, ( not of a summer tunic ) it is the same side, but this tunic has two boards, and can been seen on Craig Gottleibs site. He told me he turned down 250 k dollars.
    General's White Uniform

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The mixture of silk with linen is typical for such textiles, even today.
    I think we are a bit wrong when stating the linen mixed with silk. In Germany in this period was widely used viskose thread, and I have seen this kind of viskose- linen, this material have more usability then the linen itself- easy to clean, and you don't need to use the iron every day, despite the structure of the material is similar to the Linen
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

[QUOTE=Dimas;1076740]I think we are a bit wrong when stating the linen mixed with silk. In Germany in this period was widely used viskose thread, and I have seen this kind of viskose- linen, this material have more usability then the linen itself- easy to clean, and you don't need to use the iron every day, despite the structure of the material is similar to the Linen[/QUOT

that is interesting , the tunic is stored flat and over a period of say 20 years it has very little wrinkling to it .

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Spectacular Doug, thanks for sharing such wonderful items! Would love to see the hat in more detail, any chance?
    I'm on the move quite a bit these days and no detailed pics in my iPad archives. When I get home for a spell and time permits I will gladly do a thread on it Ben. As F-B stated, it came from Peters site years ago, and was a Canadian vet Bringback if memory serves me correctly.

?

The Leinen material is very easy to wrinkle, viskose is not. And the viskose cloth was widely used in the Third Reich era materials, it' s a natural material produced from the trees. The same are for acrylic materials, which is widely used in late war camo winter parkas. I suspect using the silk in the outer parts of the uniforms will make a great shape of the bearer. Just my thoughts, but concerned a period German chemical industry, viskose is cheaper in production, using own sources for production, and usability is better than silk, howewer the same shine and look as a silk
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by DougB View Post
    I'm on the move quite a bit these days and no detailed pics in my iPad archives. When I get home for a spell and time permits I will gladly do a thread on it Ben. As F-B stated, it came from Peters site years ago, and was a Canadian vet Bringback if memory serves me correctly.
    That would be great Doug. I too was going to ask you on several occasions if it was possible for you to post some detailed pictures and info. but considering I know how busy you say you get I decided not to.
    Looking forward to that thread when time permits and thank you for sharing, it's a beauty!

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The Leinen material is very easy to wrinkle, viskose is not. And the viskose cloth was widely used in the Third Reich era materials, it' s a natural material produced from the trees. The same are for acrylic materials, which is widely used in late war camo winter parkas. I suspect using the silk in the outer parts of the uniforms will make a great shape of the bearer. Just my thoughts, but concerned a period German chemical industry, viskose is cheaper in production, using own sources for production, and usability is better than silk, howewer the same shine and look as a silk
    Exactly right and otherwise known as rayon-- created from wood pulp, as previously noted, and its development as far back as 19th century. The Germans used it alot and various percentages were used in many fabrics including wool for a long time. Conspicuously omitted has also been the use of 'tropical weight' worsted wool which many countries have used for a long time as well. Cool, durable, not overly prone to wrinkling.

General's White UniformAus meiner Garderobe.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast