Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German Ring from Himmler

Article about: Hi all I have been looking for a Unbiased and well trusted site for 2-years now to give me an honest appraisal of a German Honor ring( i think thats what it is ) this ring was found inside m

Paul Tailor
    ?

Default German Ring from Himmler

Hi all I have been looking for a Unbiased and well trusted site for 2-years now to give me an honest appraisal of a German Honor ring( i think thats what it is ) this ring was found inside my farther in-laws farther old stuff in the garage.Could Someone on this forum who has some knowledge of these Items please take a look for me .
    just to clear this is just for info as my father in-law seems quite taken by this item
    Many thanks
    Paul Kiss Kiss
    German Ring from HimmlerGerman Ring from HimmlerGerman Ring from Himmler

2. # ADS

Default Re: German Ring from Himmler

Hi Paul,
    Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the ring is a well known fake. There are many issues concerning it, but the absolute killer is the fact that the date of 08.10.42 is completely bogus. No ring was ever issued for the 8th of October at anytime during the 3rd Reich. Furthermore, the '0' in front of the '8' was never used, the single digit only ever was used when engraving the date on Totenkopf rings.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks ned, learnt something new

Another fake SS ring? Shocking! I would'nt touch any of these with a ten foot pole unless himmler himself handed it to me, and I would still have my doubts lol

when u study those from the right references this one is a no way example from 1m distance.
    and I want to mention right references again ...