Become our sponsor and display your banner here

German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap

Article about: hello, I want to make sure the cap and metal eidelweiss sewn on the left side are correct? I could not find an example with this kind of stiching for the eidelweiss. thanks again mike k

?

Default German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap

hello,

I want to make sure the cap and metal eidelweiss sewn on the left side are correct? I could not find an example with this kind of stiching for the eidelweiss.

thanks again
    mike k
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix43318906.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	91904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix43318812.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	91905  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix43318859.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	91906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pix43318750.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	91907  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: German WWII SS Mountain Officers M-43 Cap

Hi Mike, this one is bad.

The Waffen SS wore a Edelweiss in cloth, not metal. None regualtion use of the Heer version was not unknown in some units but was strictly unofficial. The cap itself is not a regulation model either.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade,
    thanks again - I looked and could not find the metal version which i figuered was a bad thing. I want to buy a hat/cap so bad. Hope i am not wearing out my welcome.
    i am reserching each item as you can see but still need great advice.
    i have a chance to buy another and will post this for my last one today. Got a headache researching these hats. boy 90 percent are Fakes.
    thanks again
    mike kloiber

Hi Mike, my advice would be don't go for something too exotic for a first purchase. A good Heer or Luftwaffe cap is a great starter both from a financial point of view and an experience one too. Forgot the SS stuff. Buy something which is "textbook" in appearance. From this you can start to build a collection.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade,

Solid advice and will do. I did purchase 2 original - flak hat and pith helmet - just got to realize a great price is a big red flag. I will post one more for today and leave it at that till I get the book (bible) sent from the UK.

thanks mike k

Hi Mike, the two good items are nice buys.

Bargains are few are far between today. The internet makes for a pretty level playing field when it comes to prices for good original militaria, with just a little flutuation between countries. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is....."

Cheers, Ade.

T.K.
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, this one is bad.

The Waffen SS wore a Edelweiss in cloth, not metal. None regualtion use of the Heer version was not unknown in some units but was strictly unofficial. The cap itself is not a regulation model either.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hello Ade,

I don't know if the cap is bad since this is not my area, but what I know is that before october 1943 (and, in few cases after that date) WSS alpine troops often used the Heer Edelweiss against regulations.

BR
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I dont like the bleached cap, but waffen ss surtenly used metal edelweiB. A lot of pics from ss skijeger batalion Norge regarding this.

Quote by jotuntroll View Post
    I dont like the bleached cap, but waffen ss surtenly used metal edelweiB. A lot of pics from ss skijeger batalion Norge regarding this.
    Hi Jotuntroll

Do you have any pics to show?

Here is a short discussion on the subject
    http://warrelics.eu/forum/ss-uniform...weiss-16410-2/

Cheers

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem