Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

GERMANIA NCO Tunic

Article about: Received some images today of a piece that will likely be a pleasant addition to recent threads...

Default GERMANIA NCO Tunic

Received some images today of a piece that will likely be a pleasant addition to recent threads...

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GERMANIA NCO Tunic   GERMANIA NCO Tunic  

GERMANIA NCO Tunic   GERMANIA NCO Tunic  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GERMANIA NCO Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: GERMANIA NCO Tunic

Hi Richie, thanks for posting these on behalf of your friend.

Not good news on the sleeve eagle: this is a known fake pattern. Pay attention to the eagles over sized feet. Collectors have dubbed this fake as "Big foot". These eagles first appeared in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I don't like the stitchings on the collar backing, also the liner which I can see from that pictures makes some doubts. We need to see the better pictures
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

sorry but also the tab is a fake.better pictures to the cufftitle and to the tunic would be needed.

A few days ago I printed and gave the text of this thread to my old collector friend about the remarks on the Germania tunic.

Thus far he has been very quiet about good and negative remarks. Of course he has full respect regarding and greatly appreciates ALL of the comments on all of the pieces he has shared with us in the past weeks.

He contends this tunic was obtained by him in the early 60’s from a very "original" source.

This gentleman, who has has collected for over fifty years states: "Over time, certain items that were fake 30,40, and more years ago are accepted as real today. Also items that were real many decades ago should not be tagged as a fake today. These attitudes only undermine the collecting community today."

He also requested that someone show some photos of how the reverse of the collars should actually appear and what "correct & legitimate" collar tabs should appear as also...

I did a search on MCF about sleeve eagles as I remember reading something about this "BIGFOOT" eagle some time ago during my active times there.

http://www.militariacollecting.com/i...howtopic=65587

So, I gave this link to my friend and his daughter helped him get on her computer to study it.

He called me this afternoon and said this:

"It is interesting that both eagles are very fake looking usual crap quality that would not fool anyone that has been collecting for any length of time. The eagle's embroidery on the Germania tunic is aluminum of very high quality and detail. By seeing these fake eagles I can only conclude that the pattern on the Germania tunic was copied and produced in bevo examples. The images of it that I took and you have shown on your forum do not illustrate it as well as I would have liked. Maybe I should try to take more. We'll see."

Remember, I am simply a messenger that is eager to assist with the creation of the tools (our forum) used to study this facet history and learn something at the same time....

Cheers,
    Richie C

Just in case the images are unavailable to some members, I have copied and posted them here.

The second pair of images were shown by MCF member "Mikey56"...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GERMANIA NCO Tunic   GERMANIA NCO Tunic  

To the best of my limited knowledge, the following three eagles are the only known variaties of original flatwire SS officer eagles.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GERMANIA NCO Tunic