Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gestapo secret police disc

Article about: I have a chance to buy this disc. I am TRYING to get clearer pics, but the guy is very old and hardly knows how to use a camera, much less email and a phone. I know there are ways to tell fa

Default Gestapo secret police disc

I have a chance to buy this disc. I am TRYING to get clearer pics, but the guy is very old and hardly knows how to use a camera, much less email and a phone. I know there are ways to tell fakes by the side with the wording on it. If I get better pics of the eagle side I will post them. If I cannot get any better pics, I am going to pass on it. Any info will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Bill
    Gestapo secret police discGestapo secret police discGestapo secret police disc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gestapo secret police disc
    P
    Many

?

Its a fake. I have one just like it sitting in my WTF box. The rectangle should not be there. That is where the members ID number would normally be stamped.
    I am not an expert on these but if I'm wrong I'm going to be one happy guy and put mine back in my collection
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Phil is correct. It is a fake.

Steve

Well bummer. I guess it does not matter how old you are, you can still try selling fakes. He insists it came from his fathers military trunk with other WWII items. Who knows. It's very depressing...collecting these days, when 2/3 of everything out there are fakes. Makes you want to quit the hobby.

?

Stay well clear...

?

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Well bummer. I guess it does not matter how old you are, you can still try selling fakes. He insists it came from his fathers military trunk with other WWII items. Who knows. It's very depressing...collecting these days, when 2/3 of everything out there are fakes. Makes you want to quit the hobby.
    They are never to old!!!! As the saying goes "Buy the item and not the story"

But this is why this site is the premier site it is. Great folks willing to share their years of experience and their knowledge. You did the right thing by asking about the item before you spent your hard earned money on it.
    Just curious, How much did he want for it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

He said he was told by a 'dealer' that it was worth around $400-600. I have no idea on these discs. That's why I posted these pics. It's just very depressing. The last 5-6 items I have had the chance to buy have turned out to be fake.

?

Well considering this site saved you "around $400-600". Becoming a member here for $25 seems like a smoking great deal. Don't you think

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for all your help. I called and told him I was going to pass. He got very angry insisting it came from his fathers footlocker. I just hung up on him.

?

Real ones don't have the maker code under the eagle. I am sure there are better fakes than this. The dealer didn't know what he was talking about originals go for thousands not hundreds.
    Last edited by kirby; 07-01-2016 at 01:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast