Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gestapo Warrant Disc

Article about: Hi Not really sure of the appropriate forum for this one. This disc strikes me as better produced then the typical flea market ones you see flying around the net. I know from Don Bibles site

muenster
    ?

Default Gestapo Warrant Disc

Hi

Not really sure of the appropriate forum for this one.

This disc strikes me as better produced then the typical flea market ones you see flying around the net. I know from Don Bibles site to watch out for the "E" and "I". This one differs from the font used on the fake, I have never encountered an authentic warrant disk, hence why Iam very sceptical with this one. Does anyone have an original that matches up to this one or additional knoweldge?

Thanks
    Dion
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gestapo Warrant Disc   Gestapo Warrant Disc  

2. # ADS

Thumbs down Re: Gestapo Warrant Disc

I am not sure if this one is real or not. Do would know. I found a real one back in 1983 at a neighborhood yard sale in Amsterdam. This little old lady had a box of stuff from her attic. A mint pumpkin Luftwaffe dagger, a mint SA gagger and at the bottom of the box there was the disk. I adsked her where she had gotten them and what she wanted for them... She said that they had been collected by her son at the end of the war... and she had just foiund them in this box in her attic after 50+ years. She said that she had lost too many relatives to the war and wanted nothing to do with these relics. She was willing to sell me the whole box for $10. I had jsut gotten rid of all of my NAZI stuff as I really didn't like the Karma of the stuff... but I knew how rare a real GESTAPO disk was... I picked it up and I got a palpable feeling of evil... and as tempted as I was to take it I wanted nothing to do with it. I also realized that that disk might possibly ahve had something to do with the arrest of Anne Frank and many of her friends. I told the old lady what the value was of what she had and she was both excited and horrified that anyone would pay anything for a GESTAPO disk.. but I told her that a least she might get something in return for the husband and brother that had been executed by the Germans... and I walked away. Although I regret not having taken the number of the disk down to research its owner... I have never regretted passing on it. To have made money on it would have been blood money... and believe me the thing felt evil. I kid you not.

Default Re: Gestapo Warrant Disc

Hello Dion

Did you ever find out if the disc was original? Don is very helpful if you email him a picture he can usually tell right away.

I wish I were so lucky to find one of these disks for $10.00 as I would buy it in a moment. It's history like it or not. I collect Roman coins and we all know what they did to the Christians.

Merry Christmas

I have an original, and it has some obvious differences. I don't know if that makes this one a fake or not.

englishmade
    ?

Hi,

This is going by my memory and there are certainly more reliable things than my brain but I think this looks like one I had as a kid in the 1960's that came from a company called Delta International. They had a mixture of good repros and bad repros in the early days.
    The numbers should be hand stamped, not cast as part of the design. Of course, I am sure there are many fakes with hand stamped numbers.

Steve

This disc is an original.

Today the fakes have gotten so darn good that to be 100% sure you would need a metalurgist. Even Don might be fooled.

A fellow ordinance collector friend sold a very rare 12.8 cm AP projectile to a collector in Austrailia. When it arrived the shipping had dislodged the projectiles wind cap which it turns out was held in place with epoxy... FAIL. My friend was a long time collector/expert on German AP projectiles and had bought this piece as authentic.. and sold it as such. He ended up having to refund the buyer's money and shipping cost for a 50 pound Pkg to and from Austrailia. It turns out the was a small factory in the former E. Germany that was expertly reproducing these projectiles to museum standards. Even hard for experts to distinguish the fakes. ID disks would be even harder to spot and easier to fake... and MUCH more profitable than making 50-60 pound projectile...

Here is a posting on a supposed bullet-struck battelfield recovered SS ring:
    Re: battlefield relics collection

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by fritztk
    hi , to all that have viewed my collection it is with great sadness i have to inform that SS rune ring with bullet damage,now turns out
    to be a MASTER fake,complete to every detail..
    i have seen the original in collection of gaspare bauer mine was copied from his without his knowledge and there is perhaps another 2 -3 out there.. so if you are offered it..dont buy..
    with a heavy heart
    fraser

I am pretty sure the one I found in Amsterdamn was the real deal beacuse of where I found it... even then who can be sure, but finding a real one today... like finding a real SS Honor ring is pretty rare...

This disc was discussed on Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. Below is a link to the posting.

Gestapo Warrant Disc - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Last edited by cornernotch; 05-11-2010 at 06:32 AM.

Yes, very nice, and i have been offered this one.

Sorry for the crappy pics, my computer was acting up, as these pics are the same disc..

It seems correct in every way.

It does have some age, and some wear to it....

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images Gestapo Warrant Disc  Gestapo Warrant Disc 

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Yes, very nice, and i have been offered this one.

Sorry for the crappy pics, my computer was acting up, as these pics are the same disc..

It seems correct in every way.

It does have some age, and some wear to it....

Brian
    It looks cast. It lacks crispness to the details and the serial number seems cast and not stamped.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast