Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Getting there

Article about: Here are your Puppen upright.

Default Re: Getting there

Quote by greimers View Post
    Attachment 486188Second cap with replaced Hinke eagle, enlisted upgraded to Officer.
    Well done. You should also buy Sayle F's cap, too. Thanks for the images.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Getting there
    P
    Many

Very nice Material!

To Mr.Greimers, I hope you enjoyed the 1st F1 race of 2013.
    Glad the Ice man was winning and the red ones are technical ahead of the blue ones.
    Even when I am German I cannot stand the attitude from Mr.Vettel when he cannot reach the 1place.
    Acting like a kid in front of the world press. So I my beds and hopes for 2013 are for red Alonso.

Hi Robert, Whilst not so dedicated to the Grand Prix, it is in fact held only 500 metres (Albert Park)from my Russian girlfriend's apartment in South Melbourne, Victoria. Best wishes for your red Alonso although it would be nice for Weber to have some success.

Getting thereGetting thereGetting thereI think some very nice examples of senior SS insignia

nice indeed

?

Impressive pieces.

Default Early SS Summer Tunic

I purchased this tunic with the insignia removed, Robert H was kind enough to provide the sleeve eagle and "D" (Dachau) cyphers for the boards. In my ignorance I couldn't work out the smaller D indentation on the boards, thinking only of "Deutchland", My question is , as a consensus, would you restore the tunic or retain all items as received?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Getting there   Getting there  

Getting there   Getting there  

Getting there   Getting there  

Sorry, I should have mentioned the insignia has just been "placed" on the tunic, the awards came with the tunic but I have added the aiguillette. The tunic has a beautiful Nikel Buckle which I haven't shown

Quote by greimers View Post
    I purchased this tunic with the insignia removed, Robert H was kind enough to provide the sleeve eagle and "D" (Dachau) cyphers for the boards. In my ignorance I couldn't work out the smaller D indentation on the boards, thinking only of "Deutchland", My question is , as a consensus, would you restore the tunic or retain all items as received?
    Sorry, but I have never heard of a "D"-for-"Dachau" cypher (except as a component of the "SK/D" cypher worn by personnel of the Standortkommandantur Dachau).

Unless I am very much mistaken, the Latin "D" seen here simply replaced the earlier Gothic "D" as the shoulder strap cypher for the "Deutschland" regiment in 1939.

The shoulder strap cypher for "Oberbayern" was, depending on the period, a Gothic "O" or Latin "1". I also vaguely remember references to a transitional "Death's Head" badge which was either proposed or actually introduced, but short-lived.

I am sure d'Alquen will be able to elaborate here.

Thanks HPL2008,

I don't know, perhaps the individual wanted to recognize his previous service, unfortunately I have no definitive provenance to these pieces.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast