Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

good book on SS cloth insignia?

Article about: The Angola and Mollo books are musts. I enjoy the Beaver series but feel it is more of a coffeetable book than a heavy reference. Nevertheless get them. I'd like to hear more about the insig

Default Re: good book on SS cloth insignia?

Quote by Zeller View Post
    Any of the above book is strong on TKs and arm eagles, with close up, back and front pics?
    No, not as such, I'm afraid.

As Bob Hritz has mentioned above, the three Beaver volumes do have really good images of a great number of insignia - including death's heads and sleeve eagles - but those insignia are applied to uniforms, hence no reverse views, naturally.

The projected insignia book from this series should offer more in this respect, I guess.

The aforementioned Hayes book does have some front- and back images of cloth and metal insignia, but they are not too numerous (something like a mere 5 sleeve eagles and 8 collar patches, for example, plus insignia applied to uniforms) as this book is intended as a broad visual presentation of all sorts of SS regalia - from uniforms to children's toys and from badges to daggers - with only little text and no particular depth to any one category.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement good book on SS cloth insignia?
    P
    Many

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3