Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Green camo cap eagle cutt off

Article about: Those cammo caps that mr Delich owns makes me speechless!! Wow!! I would love to see them in full picture. Send a warm and gratefull thanks F.B to mr Delich for showing them and of course th

Default Green camo cap eagle cutt off

I would appreciate some opinions on this cutt off.I beleve the eagle to be genuine.
    What i'm interested in knowing is if the camo material looks real.Also with all the reference material at my disposal it seems camo insignia was only applied in block fashion.Does this appear to have been added to bump up the value or could it be a period non-regulation addition.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Green camo cap eagle cutt off   Green camo cap eagle cutt off  

Green camo cap eagle cutt off  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Green camo cap eagle cutt off
    P
    Many

?

I have doubts about the eagle.

Personally, I think the entire set-up is designed to deceive...Fake eagle in mint condition on repro camo...appears made yesterday, nothing like something torn/cut from a discarded uniform 70 years ago ...
    cheers, Glenn

Oh yeah good old Globe had them back in late 70's "Waffen SS cammo eagle on cammo cloth" a whole fifty dollars a bargain. timothy

Thank's fella's for posting.I'm sorry to disagree the eagle is a rare original,But it has been ruined by being cut and aplied incorrectly to what i have since found out is genuine camo matarial that was never cut from a cap most probably it came from a butchered smock.
    Here is the link to the discussion on the WAF
    Green camo cap eagle cutt off - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Here is a mint one i used to own for comparison.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Green camo cap eagle cutt off   Green camo cap eagle cutt off  

I do like the eagle.

I like the eagle too!!
    But probably sewn to the cammo post war to raise the value.

That's true, the thread is new and shiny even from here.

A rare eagle in its own right, so why someone would do this to it escapes me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    A rare eagle in its own right, so why someone would do this to it escapes me.
    Jerry i cant understand it either.I have removed the eagle there was no extra cloth folded under the eagle so it was totaly trimmed down before aplication.There is no shadow on the camo material which shows it has not been there long as expected.
    I will post some pics tomorrow.
    It's still a rare item and will display well.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast