Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.

Article about: Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items. Please stop by for a look. Thank you, Bruce Hermann

Default Re: Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    I should not really grumble, as I have picked up some nice items of late and I actually have a cap, breeches, belt, dagger etc. I even have the water bottle.

I only need the the tunic but when I am in funds there are no tunics and when there are tunics, I have no funds.
    I am sorry. More things will turn up. There is more around now than awhile ago. For a couple of years after the crash, there was very little at all.

If you are patient, I will sell you something of mine.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I am sorry. More things will turn up. There is more around now than awhile ago. For a couple of years after the crash, there was very little at all.
    "One lives in hope" - I am actually trying to hone my collection down, so that when nice items become available I will have funds on hand.
    I do have a working list to help me achieve my goal but I also have a life outside of collecting, which does not help.Ha Ha.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    "One lives in hope" - I am actually trying to hone my collection down, so that when nice items become available I will have funds on hand.
    I do have a working list to help me achieve my goal but I also have a life outside of collecting, which does not help.Ha Ha.
    The past demands its tribute and the bill is always too high. We all have lives outside of collecting, but my collection shrank my life quite a bit and now it has all merged into a blur.

The perfume of foetid woolens and mouldering cupal is too strong for this weak soul to resist.

And the unlikely stories connected with these bits of the violent and troubled 20th century are too compelling to ignore.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The past demands its tribute and the bill is always too high. We all have lives outside of collecting, but my collection shrank my life quite a bit and now it has all merged into a blur.

The perfume of foetid woolens and mouldering cupal is too strong for this weak soul to resist.

And the unlikely stories connected with these bits of the violent and troubled 20th century are too compelling to ignore.
    Well said. As ever many thanks!

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.
    Quote by jHAM View Post
    Well said. As ever many thanks!
    My thanks to you for your fine contribution here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.   Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.  

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.   Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.  

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-08-2012 at 07:13 PM.

There are some very put out by any interpretive visual essay, but such a lack of imagination as well such a poverty in one's own sense of irony only reveal that such a person has neither the qualities of mind nor character to collect this regalia. Allegory and apotheosis are plainly not a thing for apprentice millionaires.

Do tell me this, though, what is "simple" about this regalia? How does a dead dictum to adhere to "simplicity" enhance any expertise whatsoever?

This medium enables a clever person to ask questions, and to noodle out an answer, but such a task also enjoins the seeker of truth to contribute through his own attempt to master the material without a sense of entitlement.

And those who pose as experts by barraging others with sniffy comments are under the gun to prove that they know anything worthwhile at all. That is, that they themselves can analyze this material and do not pay some glamor dealer to do so for them....

Denkt daran.

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Most significant perhaps among the material in this tranche of regalia are this cap, tunic and breeches which came from a leading collection prior to its ownership by Mr. Bruce the Frog.

PostscriptuM: it was not my property, by the way; nor is it today, either. I know all the parties involved, am cordial with all, and think that nice material deserves a sound home.

Also, all those whose ox is gored by such a thing can register their disgust and dismay at the appropriate moment. In fact, I can write your posts for you, since they tend never to diverge from a standard formula.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-09-2012 at 12:05 AM.

?

Hi FB, in your photos you show pages from a book with the "tags" displayed, could you give the title please or would this book be out of print now
    Cheers Dave

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.
    Quote by davejb View Post
    Hi FB, in your photos you show pages from a book with the "tags" displayed, could you give the title please or would this book be out of print now
    Cheers Dave
    These are pages from a magazine, entitled Der Adler, from 1969. It is not only out of print, but I only have a piece of this article, which is what caused me to embark on this foolish errand when I was a teen-ager. Here is what I have from same. The article was written by my colleague David Delich, who was only a name to me in said year. The same material in a different form has appeared in the Shutt book of the early 1980s and also in the Saris books of more recent date. Delich's collection is perhaps the leading one in the U.S. and possibly the world.

This article was a revolution to me when I read it in 1970 or so.

In the meantime, our posts here include much data of similar character, since the state of knowledge in the collective in the 21st century surpasses that of the 1960s. However, in the 1960s, such works as this formed the cutting edge and retain merit, not the least because Delich is a fine collector, an excellent teacher and superb colleague with his marvelous collection.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast