Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.

Article about: Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items. Please stop by for a look. Thank you, Bruce Hermann

?

Default Re: Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.

I remember Der Adler very well, here in England we have a collectors area called Camden Passage in London, where a shop called "Call to Arms" was situated, he used to have racks of this publication but as a 14yr old my interest was taken with helmets and such like, we still have these magazines at the various arms fairs, perhaps i should have collected these at the time, thanks for your reply, i only wish that I had a mentor then regarding collecting TR items, but Dad was a keen supporter in that he didnt discourage me from collecting what i wanted, even though there might have been old wounds surfacing, i daresay he considered this better than going out and causing trouble on the streets and even encouraged me in the hobby by buying various items

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.
    Quote by davejb View Post
    I remember Der Adler very well, here in England we have a collectors area called Camden Passage in London, where a shop called "Call to Arms" was situated, he used to have racks of this publication but as a 14yr old my interest was taken with helmets and such like, we still have these magazines at the various arms fairs, perhaps i should have collected these at the time, thanks for your reply, i only wish that I had a mentor then regarding collecting TR items, but Dad was a keen supporter in that he didnt discourage me from collecting what i wanted, even though there might have been old wounds surfacing, i daresay he considered this better than going out and causing trouble on the streets and even encouraged me in the hobby by buying various items
    The Proustian aspect of all of this remains very compelling. I was discouraged by all concerned, but kept at it, to include German history as a profession. The price of entry was steep, to be sure. I recall looking for German militaria in London in the summer of 1969, about the time Delich wrote this article. It was my first trip to Europe and also a great experience. A very comely girl with red hair bit me in the ear on that trip. I failed to bite her back, though.

?

Red haired beauties over here are known for that FB, in particular Red Setters, you were lucky yours had two legs the one that bit me had four!!!!!

Red haired beauties over here are known for that FB, in particular Red Setters, you were lucky yours had two legs the one that bit me had four!!!!!
    Many women since in my life have been red heads, actually. My present dog is sort of red, but not like a setter, mind you. The girl who bit me was very cute and curvy, too, as I recall. My type.
    Oh well. Innocent people should not be troubled by the nostalgia of old men. However, the Delich article is nice and I am proud today to be pen pals with him.

On that trip was another young woman who tried to bilk me out of a sum of money, she was also quite attractive, but a manipulator and rather nasty minded. What a slice of life was that summer. We went from London via Holland to Versailles, and then to Tirol, and finally to Roma. We then flew home in a chartered Boeing 707 with a landing in Calgary to arrive in Los Angeles, California. I can recall the dawn on that August day, as well as the odor of smog and the bright sunshine amid my jet lag. At least I was not being sent to Indochina, which was the case for those a couple years older than myself.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-09-2012 at 02:39 AM.

?

A modern Grand Tour !! Shame that the Orient Express wasnt the means of travel

Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.Grenadier Military Antiques has just posted many new outstanding SS items.
    A modern Grand Tour !! Shame that the Orient Express wasnt the means of travel
    We went in British coaches from Gatwick to Dover, and then onto Italian buses for the rest of the trip. No luxury rail at all. I recall that in South Tirol of the moment, where there was terrorism because of Austrian irredentism, the Italians made much fun of the Austrians.
    It was the summer that my country landed on the moon. It was a wonderful experience in retrospect, part of a vanished world. Today I own many more foetid black tunics than possible from the perspective of 1969, but the sense of the possibility of life and the joy in its discovery in that year was grand. I recall that when we crossed the border from France into Germany near Karlsruhe that the sun burst out just like in the Nazi propaganda films....we must have been on the Karlsruhe-Stuttgart-Munich road, which I have since driven two hundred times, but never since with the same sense of life's excitement. When I am driving nowadays, my mind is always on something else, not nearly as pleasant nor as interesting----work, sponsors, deadlines, deliverables, the family at home, far away, how the bill for the diesel will cause resentment once I return home and on and on.

For those who are put out by digressions of this kind: Tut mir furchtbar Leid!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    On that trip was another young woman who tried to bilk me out of a sum of money, she was also quite attractive, but a manipulator and rather nasty minded.
    Alas, this Species is still well-known even today....They are Timeless and of the Ages and they are Everywhere. I suspect that our ancestors of 200 years or more ago would bemoan meeting virtually the same succubus. Many things change and vanish with the passage of Time, but.....these types never do. Different Faces-Different Names, is all. But, in a way, they are what makes us who and what we are today. Old, young, rich, poor....healthy and dying. Many would indignantly proclaim that They are not vulnerable, but the sad fact is, no one is immune. Dyed hair,toupee's, convertibles and blondes. You see it every day. lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

when i stare at this i know the feeling some pesant must have felt staring into the window of some upperclass pub wacthing the nobels eating the best foods that money can buy. a modest collector with a even more modest collection

Quote by Gary Bryan View Post
    when i stare at this i know the feeling some pesant must have felt staring into the window of some upperclass pub wacthing the nobels eating the best foods that money can buy. a modest collector with a even more modest collection
    Never say never, dear friend, the first will be the last, and you may end up with a pile of this junk. And, on this site, ownership is more communal than elsewhere.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast