Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.

Article about: by d'alquen In the shot of the SS officers on manoeuvres in 1936 I don't think it can be von Hengl as I believe he had resigned from the SS in 1935. Could the photo be misdated? The facial f

Default Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.

Grey Allgem. SS uniforms for lower ranks are seldom seen even in photos. Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.

credit: Hannah's Reich.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey Allgemeine SS man, Bayreuth Standarte.
    P
    Many

?

Very nice F-B thank you!

(photo reposted due to squished image in o.p.)

Thanks, colleague. Might I ask whether you can find and scan the image in Vol. III of Mollo that shows several officers in early grey caps with the 1927-9 Hoheitszeichen? The officers are looking through a scissors sight scope in the field.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-16-2014 at 09:19 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks, colleague. Might I ask whether you can find and scan the image in Vol. III of Mollo that shows several officers in early grey caps with the 1927-9 Hoheitszeichen? The officers are looking through a scissors telescope in the field.
    I believe this is the photo you requested.

My pleasure to be of service. I wish you good health.

?

full page.

Thank you for the fine courtesy.

The SSVT officer looking through the Scherenfernrohr is Georg Ritter von Hengl.

Perhaps the two images below are of interest here, as well. They show men of the 49th Standarte (headquartered at Braunschweig, then Goslar) in grey uniforms. It appears they were taken during some kind of (para-/pre-/post-) military training course or field exercise.

(I don't really collect photographs, but very occasionally, if I come across something that is both interesting and inexpensive, I make the odd purchase. These photographs were such a case.)

A group shot in a jolly mood. The tunics are worn with regulation A-SS insignia as worn on the black uniform (only one shoulder board, no sleeve eagles):

Photographs of A-SS personnel with field equipment and rifles are rarely seen. Note the black peaked cap worn by the man in the background. (It has the second pattern national eagle, so we know the photographs were taken no earlier than 1936.) Also note the the lack of any decals/insignia on the WW1-style steel helmets:

?

Very nice images HPL2008 thank you for sharing them.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Very nice images HPL2008 thank you for sharing them.
    As ever, our Andreas is a pillar of our community here.

Marvelous items.

HPL,
    Thank you for sharing those excellent shots. Pictures of Allgemeine-SS personnel in the grey uniform are hard enough to find, but group shots are very scarce. An interesting study indeed.
    In the shot of the SS officers on manoeuvres in 1936 I don't think it can be von Hengl as I believe he had resigned from the SS in 1935.
    d'Alquen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast