Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Grey SS cap with Whammond.

Article about: The Whammond site has this enlisted or NCO cap. - - Updated - - a later version of this cap, as seen in the Shea & Beaver book.

Default Grey SS cap with Whammond.

The Whammond site has this enlisted or NCO cap. Grey SS cap with Whammond.

- - Updated - -

Grey SS cap with Whammond.a later version of this cap, as seen in the Shea & Beaver book.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey SS cap with Whammond.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Grey SS cap with Whammond.

'Price On Application'...scary.

?

Whammond has a couple of nice caps for sale, or sold. My favorite there is the first early one. Which I beileve is in your collection?

The grey SS cap is nice, though I prefer the cap on Bruce hermann's site, which after talking to Bruce, has one heck of a price. Though a piece like this I am not surprised.

Cheers, Patrick

The Price on the first cap is: $6,965.00.

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Whammond has a couple of nice caps for sale, or sold. My favorite there is the first early one. Which I beileve is in your collection?

The grey SS cap is nice, though I prefer the cap on Bruce hermann's site, which after talking to Bruce, has one heck of a price. Though a piece like this I am not surprised.

Cheers, Patrick

The Crown Prince piece is wonderful and the price is surely fair considering that nameless SS senior leader caps go for more, and this piece is much, much more interesting. It is the prototype of all saddle shape caps and really quite extraordinary, with its provenance back to the 1930s, when the figure still wore such a thing. Or earlier, granted the manufacture of the thing. Herman found an old, noteworthy collection.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Normandie View Post
    The Price on the first cap is: $6,965.00.
    These NCO or enlisted caps are quite rare and hard to find in a good state of preservation. Shea has one from Lubstein for some insane price. In any case, happy hats and young Patrick is developing a subtle grasp of these things.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-24-2012 at 11:26 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Crown Prince piece is wonderful and the price is surely fair considering that nameless SS senior leader caps go for more, and this piece is much, much more interesting. It is the prototype of all saddle shape caps and really quite extraordinary, with its provenance back to the 1930s, when the figure still wore such a thing. Or earlier, granted the manufacture of the thing. Herman found an old, noteworthy collection.
    I concur, I beileve this cap is in the process of being sold. Who ever buys this cap has remarkable taste. Bruce has found anouther amazing item.

Here is anouther nice cap he has. Made by G. Karnbach Braunschweig, and is preserved well.

Cheers, Patrick