Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat

Article about: Hi guys,I'm not posting on here from some time now as I kept a pause from hobby. Now I'm back and I'd like to share with us this rare Graet Coat. In the early/mid 90's a friend of mine did g

Default Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat

Hi guys,I'm not posting on here from some time now as I kept a pause from hobby.
    Now I'm back and I'd like to share with us this rare Graet Coat.

In the early/mid 90's a friend of mine did get a large group from Hauptsturmfuhrer Strobl's family.
    The group was composed by the black dress Officer tunic (now in Doug B. Collection),the M37 Officer tunic and Great coat (now in my collection.
    There were also the brocade belt and buckle,Documents,photo albums and insignias.

With my bad English I'm not able to describe correctly Strobl career,anyway....
    in 1935 Stroble was at the SS-Junkerschule Bad Tolz.
    Transfered at the Deutschland Regiment and after the anschluss at the Der Fuhrer Regiment ,he became chief to the second Anti tank motorized regiment in Poland where he died.

With the coat,I want to share some pictures to the group of when it was picked up by my friend and some pictures to some of the strobl's documents and photos .

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat   Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat  

Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat   Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat  

Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat   Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat
    P
    Many

........and here is Strobl's coat now in my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat   Hauptsturmführer Josef Strobl's SS-VT Greatcoat  

Congratulations on adding this fine specimen to your collection Francesco!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Simply beautiful.. Perfect.. So much power in it really gave me the chills... Must have given the chills to many people though...

?

Incredible! Lost for words, really. Thank you for sharing.

Patrick

Very nice regalia. Thanks for the addition. Notice the earlier species of field grey in the overcoat versus the war time field grey textile of the cap.

Forgive my daftness..as cloth is not my forte`..what is the designation of the blank cuff title ..for me and the other readers Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow!! Never thought I would ever see an original early VT mantel.

Superb!

CBH
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Forgive my daftness..as cloth is not my forte`..what is the designation of the blank cuff title ..for me and the other readers Regards Larry
    SS- Sturmbann "N"
    , formed from LAH and Deutschland . in Aug-Sept 1936 . The "N" stood for "Nurnberg" which was the units home station , where it provided personnel utilized as guards , etc , during Party Day Rallies . Controlled by the Inspectorate of the SS-VT in Berlin , tactical control was "Deutschland". The unit was converted to a motorcycle battalion in Nov. 1938 , by the middle of 1939 the unit was utilized as filler for the SS antitank unit at Ellwangen . Personnel wore a SS collar with runes and a "n" and all ranks wore a sleeveband with a aluminum stripe on top and bottom and no inscription .

Each person on this forum holds a piece of the puzzle through study and upholding history...I am amazed of the amount of knowledge that continues to dazzle the hobby. Thankyou CBH for that detailed reply..you have answered my question.....and then some Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast