Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have you ever seen this SS item before?

Article about: This is a small, vintage foto of an SS mann. What is unusual about it (and very hard to see) is that there is a Hakenkreuz right below the knot of his tie. I have never seen anything like th

Default Re: Have you ever seen this SS item before?

He did in nearly all photos I have seen.....
    You didnt have to wear it all the time!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

The photo could well pre date the October 1933 introduction date for this badge.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The photo could well pre date the October 1933 introduction date for this badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    That is absolutely correct. Once the GPB was introduced, Himmler discarded his plain NSDAP membership badge and wore the GPB on his uniform breast pocket. Regulations stated that the GPB took precedence over other decorations and must be worn in a central position on the left breast pocket below the button and above other decorations. Sepp Dietrich was one who regularly flouted this regulation and wore his GPB on the pocket flap, to one side. It was also contrary to regulations to wear both the GPB and the plain membership badge, but I have seen instances where both were worn.
    W.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Woske View Post
    That is absolutely correct. Once the GPB was introduced, Himmler discarded his plain NSDAP membership badge and wore the GPB on his uniform breast pocket. Regulations stated that the GPB took precedence over other decorations and must be worn in a central position on the left breast pocket below the button and above other decorations. Sepp Dietrich was one who regularly flouted this regulation and wore his GPB on the pocket flap, to one side. It was also contrary to regulations to wear both the GPB and the plain membership badge, but I have seen instances where both were worn.
    W.
    I am not surprised that Sepp resisted regs, somewhat. I think that his GPB shows in this portrait of him, on the very edge of his upper pocket flap - just like you described.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A SEPP.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	77588  

Here Heydrich wears his GPB in an odd spot too,this is not uncommon either.
    [IMG][/IMG]

?

Note Heydrich also flouts regulations by wearing both badges. This could be because he had only just been awarded the GPB two days before.
    W.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12