Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HBT SS M40 Tunic

Article about: Hello, I am planning on purchasing this HBT SS M40 tunic and would like to know if this tunic is original. The insignia look to new and I am sure they are repro. So if it is original how muc

Question HBT SS M40 Tunic + Insignia ect

Hello,
    I am planning on purchasing this HBT SS M40 tunic and would like to know if this tunic is original.
    The insignia look to new and I am sure they are repro.

So if it is original how much would they go for?
    These are the only pictures the seller gave me.

HBT SS M40 TunicHBT SS M40 Tunic
    HBT SS M40 Tunic

Thanks
    Vince

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HBT SS M40 Tunic
    P
    Many

I would like to know if theses items are original and how much the cost.

Vince,

We do not do valuations of items,, it is too subjective, you may look through the other topics and auction sites to get an idea on price.

Also in the future, please post individual items of clothing and insignia in the separate and appropriate threads.

Best regards

Smitty

Hello Smitty,

I would just like to know what peoples opinions are on the cost of these items. Sorry if that is to much to ask for.

Honestly, I wasn't going to stay all night making a bunch of different threads on small items.

Thanks
    Vince

It is a long-standing tenet of this forum that we do not provide valuations. We're collectors first and foremost. Studying market prices for similar items should give you some idea of their worth, assuming of course that they're authentic. Unfortunately, the attitude most here will take is that if a person is unwilling to spend the time making individual threads in the proper subforums, it isn't worth their time to provide their own expertise and assistance.

Regards, B.B.

Vince,

Opinions on the authenticity of an item and asking for the price are two different things and instead of doing research yourself you are taking advantage of members by asking what they think a value is.

It's not too much to ask that you read the policies of the forum as it has been said numerous times that we do not put values on items, and we encourage members to conduct their own summations and research...

As far as posting multiple items on a thread, if you want fair assessments and opinions then I might suggest to you that you take some time to post in the appropriate sections instead of rushing as I presume that was your intent by posting multiple items on one post and then stating.... "Honestly, I wasn't going to stay all night making a bunch of different threads on small items."

By making that statement I presume again that you don't want to take time to conduct some research and find these items on your own and make some informed decision on your own but instead have the members here do all the work for you...

Respectfully

Smitty

I thought it would be more convenient to have a few items in one post. But odiously you don't like multiple items in one thread. I would appreciate it if you don't leave a comment on this thread, if your not willing to give advice on these items.

Smitty,

How about stop presuming what I am thinking.
    These items are on auction and I want to know if there original.

I have done my research and continue to do so. I really didn't think I would have issues on a historical militaria site just to ask cost of some items.

Its not the end of the world to ask a cost on something but in your eyes it is.

The forum has good reasons for not allowing appraisals. Too many people have drifted in, asked the 'is it real/what's it worth?' question, and drifted out again. That isn't to say that you yourself are guilty of such a practice, but due to it happening too many times in the past, it is stringently enforced.

In regards to your own research, what is your own opinion of the items you have posted?

B.B.

I think the tunic would be around $1000 AUD
    SS collar tab roughly $600 AUD
    SS Artillery Collar tabs $280 AUD
    Afrika Korps Cut-Off Eagle $450 AUD
    Afrika Korps Collar Tabs don't know
    Jack boots $400 AUD
    Not sure about the pink collar tabs and shoulder board.

This is a rough valuation of what I have come across, but I am no expert.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast