Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction

Article about: by Glenn66 All I can say is that HH should be grateful he took his own life before posting his cap on the maroon site. The resulting e-lynching would have driven him to suicide. "Sorry,

Default Re: Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I totaly agree Lars, this "reality check" is something that no one wants to talk about and this is the reason why I distance myself more and more from collecting.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty fed up with the constant advertisment of so called "untouched" items when the reality is that most are not.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with altered garements because, after 60 plus years, that's what most of them are, altered.

But the whole collecting industry seems to based on false appraisals by dealers and private collectors alike because the general consensus is that the buyer has to proove that maybe some things have been monkeyed with post war. That's just wrong IMO.
    Well said. You well describe the emperor in his new clothes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fiction
    P
    Many

?

Well, I will watch that just as soon as I decide on a new TV which is about the same difficult decision as buying WWII collectables.

In other words, a whole bunch of lies and smoke and mirrors.

?

I am watching the film recommended by F-B at the moment. Very entertaining. Better than Hollywood

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Well said. You well describe the emperor in his new clothes.
    I'm glad that you understand what I'm getting at.

I was sent pictures of a circa 1934 black hat recently and the sweatband was mostly detached, the owner, much to my relief decided that restoration wouldn't be the best option. I'm glad such collectors still exist despite the fact that I could have earned a decent amount of money to restore the hat.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I am watching the film recommended by F-B at the moment. Very entertaining. Better than Hollywood

Regards, Lars
    I am glad you like it.

?

Very interesting photos and discussion. Sorry I cant contribute.

Cheers, Pat

?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that after I obtained a reputation as being a skilled artisan, the dregs of society have tried to solicit my handwerk just as much as the legitimate collectors.

I dont think that most realise how much this practice goes on..

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I guess the point I'm trying to make is that after I obtained a reputation as being a skilled artisan, the dregs of society have tried to solicit my handwerk just as much as the legitimate collectors.

I dont think that most realise how much this practice goes on..

I am hardly surprised.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-13-2013 at 12:13 AM.

?

So are we going to do something about it?

Heini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionHeini H and the 'crimped prongs'......stranger than fictionThis work was published here in the US when I was a sophomore in high school and getting into my stride as a collector.
    I am not sure how many of you reading this know of this work, or if this document even exists in any numbers in the wider world. It began the whole genre of unveiling the faker.
    In any case, it was the attempt by one familiar with the fakery scene of the time to uncover the rat finks and such.
    None of us could have dreamed then of how this all would swell and explode in the years since. I certainly did not.
    But the faking and fraud trade was in full swing in 1969, just at the time that the awful Manson person murdered Sharon Tate.
    We now know that the fake and fraud thing was in full swing in 1933, as well.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-13-2013 at 03:54 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast