Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...

Article about: Hello boys and girls from the forum. Difficult to know if It's original pre-45 or a re-tailored SS TUNIC with original insiginia from an expert tailor. Thanks for your time and Happy Holiday

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...
    Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Yes, that is correct. One can find examples with and without labels for the tailor or RZM labels.
    Such tunics are often without labels....in fact.

Or, they have nice labels.....
    Here are examples of textiles.....from the year 1932. and my own from 1935, which has fewer SS types at hand than the 1932 variant.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...
    P
    Many

Your uniform from Weitze is Kommisstuch in an officer's quality. Or possible Doeskin, depending....I would have to see it.

I have some data on the Hoheitsadler, which I will include later.

Here is what David Delich says about the arm badge eagle. Such expertise is not found elsewhere in the world wide web.

"....The item that I have the most problem with is the
    sleeve eagle.
    Admittedly, there are several SS officer sleeve eagle
    patterns, but for the one pictured in this article, the
    format is lacking.
    When compared to the one in the attachment, the
    eagle on the Weitze tunic:

1. Has a break in the uppermost wing that should not
    be there.
    2. The feet extend out of the lower portion of the body,
    but should be an extention of the legs, which they
    are not.
    3. The embroidery is substandard, with a great variance
    in the width of each portion of the wings, and the
    quality of the feather embroidery in the short curved
    feathers next to the body.
    4. The swastika is poorly shaped.
    5. The wreath encompassing the swastika should have
    three strands of "krinkle" bullion incorporated in
    the wreath in the 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions.

Not all bullion embroidered sleeve eagles are made
    with the above qualifications, but for this pattern eagle,
    most should be present..."
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-11-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Delich enclosed this item as an example more to his taste....

Really interesting information. I like to give my personal congrats to the people that has written and help.
    Mr. Berthold you have a very interesting book, give my thanks to Mr. David Delich. I suppose the tissues would change in the begining of the WWII, and other tailors used his own style.

One ignorance question; Does the tailors created his own insignia? eagle, collar tabs etc or only made the tunic and later put the standard insignia?

Has somebody an original SD officer's tunic picture?

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...In general, the insignia were made by specialized artisan and or crafts firms, usually in piece work. Here the monogram section of Fahnen Fleck in HH
    also made cuff titles for the SS, viz. 1936. We have included dozens of examples of this kind of thing since 2008.

Very interesting, and they usually put the RZM's tag on the back but not always. Is it correct?
    I'll try to see one SD grey or green officer's tunic on the forum ;D

?

Guderian,

From what I understand, the band cloth was manufactured by one firm and an RZM label of said firm was affixed. The embroidery was then performed as FB stated above, and that firm attached a label of their own, in addition (see bottom photo). This is a generalization on my part and I am certain other firms did most or all of the work in-house as well.

Ad from period for Bandfabrik (lower left):

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...

Courtesy of Shea:

Thanks for share your knowledge. Little a little I learn some more! hehe.

As ever nice insights Gents. Thank you.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast