Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...

Article about: Hello boys and girls from the forum. Difficult to know if It's original pre-45 or a re-tailored SS TUNIC with original insiginia from an expert tailor. Thanks for your time and Happy Holiday

Default Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...

Hello boys and girls from the forum. Difficult to know if It's original pre-45 or a re-tailored SS TUNIC with original insiginia from an expert tailor. Thanks for your time and Happy Holidays!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...   Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...  

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...   Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...  

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...   Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...
    P
    Many

You're right, it is difficult, really, for the type of money these go for, only a hands on would be good enough. No amount of pictures would help

However this is on Weitz's site. So make your own mind up
    https://www.weitze.net/detail/58/SS_...t__229758.html

Heheh for it, I requested the help. John I put the rest of the pictures. An appreciate friend told me that even in hands if It's made for an expert tailor would be extremely difficult to know it.Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...  

Von wegen "Haushaltsaufloesung": Do let me say this: in my experience of house holds in Germany after 1945, this object would not just be lying around in a complete state. That is, at the very least, the badges would be removed, if the whole thing was not burned to a crisp in an act of desperation out of fear of the knock on the door from constabulary of the British Army (i.e. Flensburg) or whatever. While an SD man in Denmark may have survived, as did Werner Best, for instance, I do not think an intact SD uniform would do so in Germany. I have three SD uniforms, but they were snagged by Americans as swag. One of my tunics had the SD rhombus removed, which I restored with great care. That is, the tunic was intact, but the incriminating SD rhombus was removed at some point.

The tunic and the badges at hand look real to me, but Weitze's neighbor in no. Germany, who shall remain nameless, is infamous for his well made fake SS uniforms. The badges are very well applied, and they look more or less real, as does the tunic....but you have to examine the thing in real life and pay an expert to examine it, too.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-10-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC......not found in houses in Germany in the 1980s or 1990s as near as I can tell....but much earlier....

The insignia are indeed fine originals, that is all I can say about It.

Thanks for your opinions. I really appreciate your experimented help. I agree with all what you say, one appreciate friend gave me similar feelings about that tunic. But even in hand It's possible to determinate if It's completely pre-45?

Remember after the war no one was a "Nazi" let alone a member of the SS. So most, if not all tunics ect would have been stipped of insignia pretty damm quick, unless you shoved it under the floor boards

Lovely tunic, and lovely insignia

Hello boys and girls. Difficult to know if It's original or a re-tailored SS TUNIC...One of the no. German stinkers (...not from Weitze...!) I examined a decade or more ago. Caveat emptor. I examined an LAH tunic similar to this, and it was made up based on the Geo Petersen Kostumfundus
    at Lenfilm or Mosfilm. That is, a wholly fake tunic copied from an original as found ca. 1989 or 1990. It lacked key details as found in an original which I will not list here....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-10-2014 at 07:41 PM.

One good thing here is the wear on the black badge cloth of the SD Rhombus, which seems to fit with the tunic.....

But, again, I am always very skeptical with a piece of this kind.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-10-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast