Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz

Article about: Hi all...a friend of mine needs an help He has a wonderful uniform SS-VT gabardine uniform dated 1934 and he would like to complete it with a schirmmutz. Now he has the chance to choose betw

Default Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz

Hi all...a friend of mine needs an help
    He has a wonderful uniform SS-VT gabardine uniform dated 1934 and he would like to complete it with a schirmmutz. Now he has the chance to choose between 2 caps but he would like to know if theay are both original and which one would fit better with the uniform
    Many thanks
    This is the first dated 1935...
    Help on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS Shirmmutz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz
    P
    Many

Your first cap is an authentic one, but it is more or less of the date from 1938. The badges are or are not original to the cap, since we can show you the Mueller/Muenchen caps, of which I own several. If you want a 1934 or 1935 cap, it must look thus:Help on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS Shirmmutz
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-06-2017 at 12:31 AM.

The second one 1936
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz   Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz  

Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz   Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz  

The cap from Weitze (1936 as you write) was dismissed by a certain person here, and I shall not reflect on the opinion of others. This senior leader cap first emerged with Hermann Historica, and had different, later badges. I would have to examine it in hand. It does not have all the RZM marks and tags, but, then not all black caps surely did.
    It is also of Trikotage, and here the issue being the quality of the textile, whether it was of the quality of an Oberfuehrermuetze.
    Such caps did exist without all the marks. The Oberfuehrermuetzen I own, and about which I have no doubt at all, are all of Feintuch, i.e. an especially luxurious
    doeskin, very distinct from that of, say, the 1938 cap you enclose.

The date of these caps can more or less be deduced from the shape of the cap and the type of RZM tag and some other details I shall refrain from mentioning.

The senior leader cap might well be of an earlier date, in fact, than 1936, granted the lack of marks and the shape of the cover.

Please note: the SS tag you might well find in a cap circa 1935 is thus.Help on 2 SS Shirmmutz

The black tag which was introduced in 1937-8 refers to the 1934 law for the protection of party uniforms and the implementing amendment of March 1 9 3 5.
    We have these documents elsewhere. The tags changed more or less each year from their first appearance in 1934 until the final model of tag in 1937-8, and we have a chronicle of these changes, for which the evidence is not complete.Help on 2 SS ShirmmutzHelp on 2 SS Shirmmutz
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-06-2017 at 12:41 AM.

i really appreciate your help and your knowledge..so i guess that the mosto proper cap that can fit with he early SS-Vt uniform of my friend is the second i have posted (the one without the tag) ..did i understand well??

Quote by lucabrnroma View Post
    i really appreciate your help and your knowledge..so i guess that the mosto proper cap that can fit with he early SS-Vt uniform of my friend is the second i have posted (the one without the tag) ..did i understand well??
    You are welcome. Yes, but you can help us with your task if you show us the uniform. The Weitze cap is for Oberfuehrer and up, so it would not fit to, say, just any leader rank.

How is the uniform dated 1934? It would be helpful to see the evidence, you know.

- - ------- - -

The SSVT as such only came into existence in 1934 or so, so it is a critical issue.

Of course, a person might well have worn a tunic from 1934 in the year 1938, but the badges on the Mueller cap likely should be adjusted.

- - ------- - -

The leather peak on the black officer's cap was well in use in 1934 and forbidden as of 1938.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast