Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help on Black SS officers visor

Article about: This is an excellent example of how a thread with a simple question can become a very instructive discussion!!!! thanks FB! So,the cap in question looks good but the "TUCHMUTZE" ta

Default Re: Help on Black SS officers visor

This is an excellent example of how a thread with a simple question can become a very instructive discussion!!!! thanks FB!
    So,the cap in question looks good but the "TUCHMUTZE" tag is not exactly what you'd expect,am I correct?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Black SS officers visor
    P
    Many

I can not add anything more to what our good colleague FB has written. I personally like the RZM tag in this cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorBob has more experience than I, of course, which I respect as ever. There are things on said tag that bug me. You can send the cap to Bob and he will tell you, or he can send it to me and I will tell you.
    The rest of the cap looks alright such as it is. The dealer has a huge inventory, certain items of which cause others to become rattled.

Quote by Francesco View Post
    This is an excellent example of how a thread with a simple question can become a very instructive discussion!!!! thanks FB!
    So,the cap in question looks good but the "TUCHMUTZE" tag is not exactly what you'd expect,am I correct?
    You are welcome. I do not like the tag, but my friend does. Send him the cap for his examination.

?

The cap that started this thread doesn't feel right to me at all. The white RZM tag is certainly a fake, and I've never seen an early, black lined officer's cap with the "Reichsfuhrer" label under the diamond. The condition doesn't really speak to me either...

?

It doesn't "scream" authentic to me but without the opportunity to actualy inspect it first hand, there's very little I can add to the discussion.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    It doesn't "scream" authentic to me but without the opportunity to actualy inspect it first hand, there's very little I can add to the discussion.
    A generalization that frankly applies to us all, because these images are never sufficient really, and so much of this is a fun house hall of mirrors.

I just wanted to take some time to thank the members who I asked to comment for Frans. This is why I love this forum. So many true experts take there time to help others.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I just wanted to take some time to thank the members who I asked to comment for Frans. This is why I love this forum. So many true experts take there time to help others.
    Thanks for your thanks. I am afraid this kind of thing often comes to no concrete result, however.
    I cannot really judge many things from afar, and this cap aroused my interest a long time ago.
    In the meantime, I found others that are devoid of question marks and made them part of my collection.

I will let others dilate on dealers and things. Such is not my thing, in fact.
    I would be happy to examine the thing in person, especially if I were paid a % of the sales price, which should be the going thing versus this give it away stuff.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 11-08-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visor Caps I like better, truth be told.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast