Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Help on Black SS officers visor

Article about: This is an excellent example of how a thread with a simple question can become a very instructive discussion!!!! thanks FB! So,the cap in question looks good but the "TUCHMUTZE" ta

Default Help on Black SS officers visor

Please,what's your opinion on this cap listed on OakleafMilitaria?
    http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/0811h2.html
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help on Black SS officers visor   Help on Black SS officers visor  

Help on Black SS officers visor   Help on Black SS officers visor  

Help on Black SS officers visor   Help on Black SS officers visor  

Help on Black SS officers visor  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-07-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Photos uploaded.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help on Black SS officers visor
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help on Black SS officers visor

Opinion in which aspect? Looks to me to be an early, original Allgemeine visor. Very seductive as well I might add. I am not expert in this field, however, there are members who can help you further here. P.S, I wouldn't post a link to the dealers site if your planning on purchasing this item. Some people may buy this now just because it's wanted by you( the whole I want what I can't have syndrome). I personal would just post photos next time. Hope you get it! If you do please post some photos of it in your collection.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Opinion in which aspect? Looks to me to be an early, original Allgemeine visor. Very seductive as well I might add. I am not expert in this field however, but there are members who can help you further here. P.S, I wouldn't post a link to the dealers site if your planning on purchasing this item. Some people may buy this now just because it's wanted by you( the whole I want what I can't have syndrome). I personal would just post photos next time. Hope you get it! If you do please post some photos of it in your collection.
    Thank you very much for your input.
    As you ,I like this cap but as I'm pretty new in the "Black SS Field" I'll prefer to get opinion from collectors with more experience than me.Maybe someone has handled this cap at a show(?).

Cheers
    Francesco

I personal would want to hear from the members such as FB, Ben, Bob, Ade, etc. before I ever made a purchase relating to a ss visor. As well as I would request for the dealer to send it to one of my own experts for a hands on inspection.

Update: Now after I have viewed the dealers description, IMO the visor is slightly over priced. I personal feel it's at least a thousand to much, but once again, I am no expert and all that matters is you are ok with it.

I personal would want to hear from guys such as FB, Ben, Bob, Ade, etc. before I ever made a purchase that large. As well as I would request for the dealer to send it to one of my own experts for a hands on inspection.
    Absolutely right.I hope to hear from FB,Bob,Ben and all the other guys.
    As previously told,I like what I see but of course more pictures are needed.If there is a general consent here,I will try to get the cap for an hand on inspection.

Update: Now after I have viewed the dealers description, IMO the visor is slightly over priced. I personal feel it's at least a thousand to much, but once again, I am no expert and all that matters is you are ok with it.
    The cap is surely expensive but the description detract nothing to it.It is described as in near to perfect conditions.Anyway I will try to do trades with the dealer.

?

Hi Francesco,

I uploaded the images to your opening post so we can see the item being discussed. If the item gets sold or removed from the site the link dies and we won't know what the thread subject is.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It's indeed a 1934 cap, very nice. One-looker, nothing to say about It.

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorThis cap (above) has been with a Chicago dealer and then the Oak Leaf one for many years.
    I own some of these, as you might know.
    This "Tuchmuetze" RZM tag is not normally found in a cap made in 1934, but I do not know for absolute sure when said item was introduced. Maybe Wm Saris does.
    I enclose an example of the proper tag from said epoch.
    The RFSS tag was introduced more or less by the middle of 1934, I believe, at least the system of controls was.
    Other than this one issue, the cap looks authentic compared to the others I own.
    The addition of bogus RZM tags hardly disqualifies authentic material.
    The first grey SS cap I bought many decades ago had a fake tag in it, but the cap was real. I wish I had it still.
    A2 905 is Wm. Kueppers of Dortmund.

Help on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorHelp on Black SS officers visorAnother of these very early tags.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast