Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

Article about: Moving on, I'd like to talk about the fabric of the cap cover. I have no doubt about it's authenticity, it's the really horrible quality wool made with wood pulp and god knows what else in t

rcs
    ?

Default Re: Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

I'll post if only to say thank you for such an interesting read chaps, a fascinating subject.

regards,
    Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I posted a very rare black uniform with a more rare cuff title, elicited essentially no response at all.
    Well, no one can accuse us for not trying dear friend.

Maybe my little Dixie cat will get more response? She's of some non textbook breed! has black piping along her tail which she likes to be pulled, the only cat I've ever known who does.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

?

Quote by rcs View Post
    I'll post if only to say thank you for such an interesting read chaps, a fascinating subject.

regards,
    Rob
    Glad to hear it Rob!

Quote by BenVK View Post

Maybe my little Dixie cat will get more response? She's of some non textbook breed! has black piping along her tail which she likes to be pulled, the only cat I've ever known who does.
    The cat is very nice. Old clothes of dead people are somewhat arcane. SS caps and the search for certainty only cause much upheaval and mental chaos, I guess.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post

I am not sure the cat is of pre-May45 manufacture. A fine example nonetheless.

I posted a very rare black uniform with a more rare cuff title, elicited essentially no response at all.
    The nut house forum with the sophomoric rants and raves always gets more traffic.
    Taking the high road around here and trying to set a higher standard is a lonely undertaking, and more so....
    I would not be so quick to say the lack of posted enthusiasm for your uniform was attributed to a preference of sophomoric ranting and raving at the nut house . . . no offense intended, but I beleive it is more a case of underlying ignorance on a very wide spectrum of all collectors that pass through here. Certainly the rare cuff title warranted a greater amount of posted interest and respect . . . but I would argue the majority of people reading your post would have knowledge for the history behind that cuff title of only minimal quantity and quality . . . especially so in comparison to that of which you have achieved over the years.

Yes, one could argue that more of us should spend greater portions of our time educating oursleves on these things through other sources . . . and I can not argue against that, personally. But in this day and age, if one wants to spark a conversation, maybe it would help to share some additional informative background about the item? Images are one thing, but to have a some tidbit of useful historical background attached to the images, might just get a response . . . at least once in a while.

?

Attachment 382158Attachment 382159Attachment 382160Attachment 382161I posted a very rare black uniform with a more rare cuff title, elicited essentially no response at all.
    The nut house forum with the sophomoric rants and raves always gets more traffic.
    Taking the high road around here and trying to set a higher standard is a lonely undertaking, and more so....
    I would add, good sir;

That the level of discussion here is of a such a high level that one is often humbled into silence, although one is desirous to contribute to the discussion. I commend your acumen and fortitude in pulling the trigger on such a rare set.

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)Foetid woolens.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-12-2012 at 05:28 AM.

The SS Hauptamt Montur was poo pooed by most of the other grandees, but such does not deter me. I cleaned it as best I could and it looks much better.
    Thanks. Happy foetid woolens to you all.

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    I would not be so quick to say the lack of posted enthusiasm for your uniform was attributed to a preference of sophomoric ranting and raving at the nut house . . . no offense intended, but I beleive it is more a case of underlying ignorance on a very wide spectrum of all collectors that pass through here. Certainly the rare cuff title warranted a greater amount of posted interest and respect . . . but I would argue the majority of people reading your post would have knowledge for the history behind that cuff title of only minimal quantity and quality . . . especially so in comparison to that of which you have achieved over the years.

Yes, one could argue that more of us should spend greater portions of our time educating oursleves on these things through other sources . . . and I can not argue against that, personally. But in this day and age, if one wants to spark a conversation, maybe it would help to share some additional informative background about the item? Images are one thing, but to have a some tidbit of useful historical background attached to the images, might just get a response . . . at least once in a while.

Thank you. Ben and I often lament about the un even sharing of the burden. I read the WAF which is generally a total waste of time, and I am amazed at how some insignificant object, and generally a fake object there promotes much exchange.

I had included an SS Hauptamt cuff title awhile ago (at the start of the year), and was mystified that one turned up, in fact; or rather, two turned up on a complete uniform.

However, my point here is hardly to garner accolades, but more that interesting material seems to pass by without much remark.

In any case, happy collecting to you all.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast