Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

Article about: Moving on, I'd like to talk about the fabric of the cap cover. I have no doubt about it's authenticity, it's the really horrible quality wool made with wood pulp and god knows what else in t

?

Default Re: Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

While on this subject, i'm going to ask another silly question which if i think about it i may have the answer already, on some caps I notice that there are various types of either stitching or silken or rayon bows securing the sweat bands, i assume this is either a makers trademark or is it the quality of cap produced
    Cheers Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)
    P
    Many

?

Actualy, that's a really good question Dave.

Anyone care to explain?

The little cloth bows on the sweat band are specified in the RZM regulations in many cases.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The little cloth bows on the sweat band are specified in the RZM regulations in many cases.
    Thank you for this information, I have often wondered about this very thing. Have the RZM regulations ever been reprinted? I appreciate the primary literature and recognize it is the only way to avoid the entrapments of "collector lore" and the like. Of course, it takes a significant effort on my part to decipher and make use of the information gleaned from within. UM has been an ongoing challenge but adds to the educational experience of this pastime of mine.

Kindest regards,

CMH

?

Attachment 382159I posted a very rare black uniform with a more rare cuff title, elicited essentially no response at all.
    The nut house forum with the sophomoric rants and raves always gets more traffic.
    Taking the high road around here and trying to set a higher standard is a lonely undertaking, and more so....
    I must say that the Montur is a significant addition to your outstanding collection. One just does not come across such things. We commonly see many more SSTV and LSAH items, and that these items generate more interest and elicit more responses than such a rare set is understandably frustrating. Had I the funds at the time, I would have put in an offer on the set. I think it looks much better in your house than in mine though, and has a rightful place with someone who can hold the item in hand and appreciate it in all it's context.

As always, thank you for being generous with your collection.

CMH

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Well, no one can accuse us for not trying dear friend.

Maybe my little Dixie cat will get more response? She's of some non textbook breed! has black piping along her tail which she likes to be pulled, the only cat I've ever known who does.
    Ben, how long have you had her? I have a calico that is very dear to me. She has been with me a long time and has complete reign of the house, except for the collecting room, of course.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thank you for this information, I have often wondered about this very thing. Have the RZM regulations ever been reprinted? I appreciate the primary literature and recognize it is the only way to avoid the entrapments of "collector lore" and the like. Of course, it takes a significant effort on my part to decipher and make use of the information gleaned from within. UM has been an ongoing challenge but adds to the educational experience of this pastime of mine.

Kindest regards,

CMH
    The RZM Herstellungsvorschriften of 1936 are widely reprinted in Germany and easily had. The RZM circulars of the years 1934-1935 are on line and more or less easy to secure.

?

Thankyou FB for the information, one of the reasons i ask this is that I have seen these type bows on Bundeswehr caps , even dating upto the 70s and beyond

?

The RZM Herstellungsvorschriften of 1936 are widely reprinted in Germany and easily had. The RZM circulars of the years 1934-1935 are on line and more or less easy to secure.
    Dear Sir, thank you for the information.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I must say that the Montur is a significant addition to your outstanding collection. One just does not come across such things. We commonly see many more SSTV and LSAH items, and that these items generate more interest and elicit more responses than such a rare set is understandably frustrating. Had I the funds at the time, I would have put in an offer on the set. I think it looks much better in your house than in mine though, and has a rightful place with someone who can hold the item in hand and appreciate it in all it's context.

As always, thank you for being generous with your collection.

CMH
    Thank you. When the time is right, you can buy it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast