Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

Article about: Moving on, I'd like to talk about the fabric of the cap cover. I have no doubt about it's authenticity, it's the really horrible quality wool made with wood pulp and god knows what else in t

?

Default Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

I need some help to decide what do with this cap.
    I've been going around in circles with it because there are details I like and some that I don't. Overall, I've lost confidence in it but maybe I'm being too critical.
    Anyway, I was going to just stick it on ebay with no guarantee and a low starting price but once again, after looking at it without the badges on, there's something about it that's making me reluctant to just give it away for peanuts.
    I'll post some photos first before giving my observations so that I can hear your thoughts first gentlemen.
    Cheers
    Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)   Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)   Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)   Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)

Interior
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)   Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher)  

Look's a bit to 'perfect' for my liking if you get my drift.

The piping on the saddle is different than on then black band. It looks like the same material used on tabs.

Sell for a modest to fair price as a Museums- or Sammeranfertigung of high quality. I have had several authentic caps with the rayon piping, by the way.

Sammleranfertigung.

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The piping on the saddle is different than on then black band. It looks like the same material used on tabs.
    Indeed, it's different which is my main concern. Having said that, the spiral rayon piping around the band is more typical to SS hats than any other branch in my experience. The piping around the crown is also rayon but as you've mentioned, is a different weave. This is caused me a few sleepless nights. I've never encountered this miss match of piping materials before.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Sammleranfertigung.
    Most probably dear friend but with all authentic materials.

?

Today, I searched for hours to find other examples of hats with the spiral weave rayon piping. All were SS Kleiderkasse grey caps with of course white piping. In fact, I could not find anything else made with this style or different colour of rayon piping at all.

Attached Images Attached Images Help me decide about this Feldmuetze Alter Art (crusher) 

?

However, when researching the piping on the crown, the "basket weave" rayon, I found similar examples in my own collection (Luft visor cap, ex HG soldier) plus many others from all branches and items, shoulderboards mostly though.
    Our friend and collegue Derek posted this most interesting SS hat a few years ago with the stained piping that looks almost yelllow/orange.

Please forgive my indulgence. I'm merely cataloging evidence that I and maybe others can refer to later. I'm not trying to proove anything about the hat I posted, it must stand or fall on it's own merits.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast