MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Help needed

Article about: Moreover, since young people are as obsessed with Totenkoepfe as were older generations, the symbols of the cult of death in central European society and art have a place here, too. The pres

Default Re: Help needed

At the risk of being a creep, which I am not, make sure if you use the text here to put it in your own words in your final paper, because there exists this nasty software for plagiarism from the internet. It gets used sometimes with unfortunate collateral damage. That is, there are phrases which the software thinks are plagiarized, but which are not, of course. But what I have written here for Erla's paper is scholarly research and academic exchange, intended for her professional development.

After all, she can buy my collection when I sell it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed
    P
    Many

A lot of French firms did very well in the occupation. There is a new book out on the everday life of the soldier especially in western Europe in which this fact comes out. That is, if you had something the Germans wanted to buy, i.e. luxury good, then many French personages made out like bandits.

Of course, a lot of people were also industrial slaves in Germany, too.

The Nazis were a major boon to the European film industry during the war, concentrating production, reinforcing national film industries in France and Italy in the drive to defeat Hollywood and its racially unacceptable "masters."

The German war economy is a very interesting topic. The work of Tooze, I think, is his name, is new and informative.

Happy research and happy regalia.

Who will finance my 12 step programme to overcome RZM tags?

Now I am going back to my ppt. for next week.

Erla,

While all that FB has stated is useful for your study that was the end product.

I think your tutors would like you to analize how this came about and with that in mind you may have to focus a little bit more on the history pre 1933 to see how it did indeed happen. Their (German 1933-45) marketing of an idea and the visual display of membership has been second to none, I think in particular how they were hard done to after the first war (almost emasculted by the treaty) played to the militaristic discontent and as a result the older German uniform trates that were eventualy rediscovered, then adopted/modfied by the Third Reich?

The social factor is too great to even consider, you have chosen a difficult subject and from a fashion point of view I would not like the task of disentangling the whole thing. I guess you had to be there?

If you are diligent I'm sure you will grade well. I think it was almost a magical formula that if you had it now you could do almost anything as he very nearly did. Luckily they failed!

Good Luck...

Jock

?

F-B:

May I ask what precipates this angle on your thinking; surely not my innocent post.

?

If so, I duly credit "A Paris - Sous La Botte des Nazis" by Jean Eparvier for the prior picture.

Quote by Frog View Post
    F-B:

May I ask what precipates this angle on your thinking; surely not my innocent post.
    Dear Bruce, which post do you mean?

The point of plagiarism was for our Icelandic colleague, because nowadays teachers run things through a dumb computer program to look for plagiarism (the computer program searches the internet for things that are incriminating and because it is a machine it cannot determine context etc), and one could inadvertently be punished for being helped on the internet. I did not mean your French picture. We all steal pictures. It is the text which then the computer program criminalizes in an insane way. Do believe me that I know whereof I speak, since I have seen this happen.

Also, I would never use this computer program on my charges under any circumstances, since I know how to do my job. But the internet has complicated the plagiarism thing by a thousand fold.

I am sure that our Erla is a very fine student and will write a perfect, interesting paper.

My writings here belong to humankind and may they enjoy foetid woolens on all continents. And, also contribute to my 12 step program to move past RZM tags to a full, complete and centered life without moth balls and undue concern about "sculls."

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Erla,

While all that FB has stated is useful for your study that was the end product.

I think your tutors would like you to analize how this came about and with that in mind you may have to focus a little bit more on the history pre 1933 to see how it did indeed happen. Their (German 1933-45) marketing of an idea and the visual display of membership has been second to none, I think in particular how they were hard done to after the first war (almost emasculted by the treaty) played to the militaristic discontent and as a result the older German uniform trates that were eventualy rediscovered, then adopted/modfied by the Third Reich?

The social factor is too great to even consider, you have chosen a difficult subject and from a fashion point of view I would not like the task of disentangling the whole thing. I guess you had to be there?

If you are diligent I'm sure you will grade well. I think it was almost a magical formula that if you had it now you could do almost anything as he very nearly did. Luckily they failed!

Good Luck...

Jock
    It is a good subject and I am sure our friend can manage it. The cause and effect actually are really found in the era from 1870 until 1918, if one looks deeply enough. Of course, the search for cause and effect can lead back to Adam and Eva, to be sure. But central to all of this is the world of Heini H and Schickelgruber's childhood as much as that of the era 1918-1933. The black in the SS uniform was as much a kind of turning upside down of Catholicism as it was the straightforward borrowing of the Husar uniform. Also, the Freikorps of the era of anti Napoleonic rising ca. 1813 also wore black with golden and red embellishments---the source of the present day German national colors.

The use of the aluminum piping (in contrast to silver wire) was a nod towards the high tech of the 20th century, i.e. aircraft.

One could extend the list.

I will leave the advent of camouflage uniforms to those who specialize in it.

The work of Jeffrey Herf on reactionary modernism is also a book that will help our Icelandic colleague understand the aesthetic sensibility of these people.

What is striking is how much of all this symbology goes on today with undiminished force.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed   Help needed  

Attached Images Attached Images Help needed 

Is this man grinning because he knows how much you just paid for a fake collar patch of his?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed  

Of course, if this man here on the left gave us memoirs of some kind, we would know more, this is Benno von Arent, is it not? He was the Reichsbuehnegestalter.

Here is the Herf book.

There is no SS cap insignia in this picture.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast